Roseville, CA - Galleria (iPhone 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by drumnkyle, Sep 15, 2012.

1. drumnkyle macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I'm planning to camp out at the Galleria mall in Roseville, CA just like last year. Anyone else planning on going?

2. Duke&tank macrumors member

Me and my sister well be there again this is are 3rd year and counting:) we just went snack shopping tonight!!!

Aaron

3. MS2083 macrumors regular

is Roseville Galleria Mall Security allowing people to wait after 9pm closing this thursday night ?

where does the main line usually start at and will there be a designated waiting area ???

4. Duke&tank, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

Duke&tank macrumors member

Last year we waited at the bus stop "not the Gallerias Property" so there was nothing they could do about it. No not really. Me and my Sister plan to be there around 9pm and I'm going to have a clip board of the people that show up so hopefully nobody cuts inline!

Aaron

5. drumnkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

What time?

So, do you think it makes sense to come any earlier than 9 PM? It seems like this is going to be a huge launch, so I wasn't sure if they are just going to tell you to go away until the mall is closed anyway. And good idea with the clipboard. Is your name Duke btw? My name is Kyle.

6. Duke&tank macrumors member

I don't know what time people this year well line up:/ i found out today oddly the bus station sidewalk is owned by The Roseville galleria so i don't know why they let is line up there last year but not by the store!?! so all we can do is chance it by going at 9pm thats about when the transit system shuts down. and i do recall the rule to line up in front of the doors was 5am the last 2 years. hope that helps:)

And my Service Dog name is Duke:) My name is Aaron

Hope this helps you deiced what time to go there
    Aaron

7. MS2083 macrumors regular

I get off early at 3pm this Thursday, so I will head straight to the Galleria to check things out..

I'm Michael by the way.. Just look for someone wearing a Sac State Nike Hooded Sweatshirt and jeans, that'll be me!

8. drumnkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool! Yeah, I remember last year they let us in at 5. At the iPad launch, they let us in earlier because it was raining so that was nice. Michael, can you post on here what you find out then? That would be great.

9. RichieE46 macrumors newbie

Sorry not to be completely off topic but how is the experience waiting at Roseville?

I'm new to Norcal and I usually camp at Standalone locations in Socal so getting in line isnt much of an issue.

I am in Davis, debating about waiting at Roseville, Arden Fair, or Walnut Creek.

Thanks

10. MS2083 macrumors regular

The Roseville Apple Store and Arden Fair Mall Apple Store are a pretty close drive from each other, about 20 minutes No Traffic! the only thing though is that both Apple Retail Stores are Indoors.. so I'm sure mall security will let everyone in by 4am or 5am I think. Thats how it went for the iPad 3 Launch Day at Arden Fair Mall when I went...

11. drumnkyle, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

drumnkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Bad News from Mall Security!

My girlfriend just called the Apple store and Mall security and found out the following information. Here is what the procedure is:

-3:00 AM - allowed in cars on mall property
    -5:00 AM - the line starts outside the mall (pottery barn/crate&barrel)
    -6:00 AM - line can come inside mall
    -8:00 AM - Apple opens

Before 3:00 AM, no one is allowed on mall property or at the bus stop!

This is a big problem. How are we going to organize? I hope you have an idea Aaron, because otherwise it is just going to be, everyone run at the door at 5 and whoever gets there first, is first. Even the Apple store employee said, "Yeah, it's just going to be a big mob situation."

I don't understand why Mall security is so stupid about this; it creates more problems for everyone this way. The only thing I can think of is to have a sign that says to come check in with you on the clipboard near the entrance and we can sign people in starting at 3 when we are allowed in our cars.

Ideas anyone?!

-Kyle

12. MS2083 macrumors regular

that is just total ********* BS !!!!

Its gonna be a black friday iPhone 5 Stampede to the Front Door!!!

if thats the case, I'm trying my bets with Arden Fair Mall. The head of security there was pretty laid back for the iPad 3 Launch, and allowed everyone to wait in their cars way before 3am in the Mall Parking Lot!

13. drumnkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

More bad news!

Well, my girlfriend just checked and Arden has the same policy except they don't let you in until 6 AM!!:mad: I'm sticking with Roseville and we'll see what happens I guess.

14. drumnkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Possible False Alarm!

I know now not to trust someone else to do what I should have done. It seems that the Mall security only spoke about "Mall Property", therefore the bus stop may still be fine to wait at. I will find out tomorrow and post and let everyone know.

UGH. Sorry.

15. Duke&tank macrumors member

Hmmm that does suck!!! well at the very least we can have a clipboard and check-in the people that come. Walk up to there window and say we are keeping a list then go back to are car till 5am. what would be handy is if we knew someone who worked at the Costco Tire center and get the magnet numbers to put on the cars LOL then just label the cars 1,2,3, etc... and a few days ago we called city of Roseville and they said the Galleria owns the bus stop:/

Another idea is we could line up on the sidewalk facing Roseville Parkway "That is city's property kinda close to cars but would still work"

Aaron

16. MS2083 macrumors regular

so my cousin told me there setting up barricades at Roseville Galleria for the iPhone 5 Launch tomorrow... anyone know what this is about ??

17. drumnkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Still bad news then

So, I called mall security and they said that the regular bus stop in the parking that we waited at last year is off limits. My girlfriend mentioned that there is a bus stop right outside the fence on the sidewalk, which I'm assuming is what Aaron was referring to. It seems like that would probably be ok. My girlfriend also got a large sandwich board that we could use to say that the iPhone line starts on the sidewalk where we are.

What do you guys think? I'm worried people are still going to show up right at 5 and just run to the front of the line.

18. MS2083 macrumors regular

Arden Fair Mall Security is allowing everyone to wait in their Cars in the Mall Parking Lot in front of Starbucks Coffee.. however, they are not allowing anyone to line up yet!

19. drumnkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Come to the galleria! There are actually allowing us to line up at the bus stop in the parking lot just like every year. Probably like 40 people right now.

20. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I'm at Arden also. I don't ever remember security not allowing us to line up. Must be because all those damn fights during Jordan releases.

I would head over to Roseville but it doesn't seem worth it. There only seems to be about 20 cars here so it's not so bad yet.

21. theghost16 macrumors newbie

the line by pottery barn is the end of the line

the line by pottery barn is the end of the line as of 5:00 A.M

22. 007bond4321 macrumors member

FYI, Apple guy says they're out of Black 64GB AT&T at Roseville. Still a few in white. I'm perhaps #150 in line, at the beginning of the straight section headed toward doors.

23. g35riderz macrumors newbie