Roseville, CA - Galleria Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by applegeek97, Sep 17, 2015.

1. applegeek97 macrumors 6502a

applegeek97

Arden did not have the model I wanted... So to Roseville I will go!

2. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

So, I didn't do the preorder this year as I was planning to wait a few weeks but I was able to sell my current phone today so now I basically have to get one on Friday or be phoneless for weeks (which is not an option) so I'll be lining up at Roseville for this. I haven't done an Apple Store lineup since the 5 (and that was in WA in a less populated area).

So did anyone go last year? How was it? When does the line generally start? And was it fairly easy to acquire a Plus without having a reservation (assuming I line up early enough)?

3. The19th macrumors regular

Last year's 6 was a circus. I remember seeing lines in front of the store (and at Arden) well until the Holiday shopping season.

This year might be better, who knows?

4. applegeek97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

applegeek97

I'm concerned about the reservation thing they have going this year. I have a reservation for 8:30am, so should I get in line at 8:30, and I get pushed to the front? Or more likely, I need to get in line at 5am to be near the front?

5. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

I think they have separate lines for in-store reservations and walk-ins. Regardless, even if your appointment is at 8:30, I would show up a little earlier.

6. The19th macrumors regular

From what I've seen mentioned here and other sites, there will be two lines: one for those that have a pre-order reservation, and another line for those without/walk-ins. Since you have a pre-order reservation, I (personally) would show up around 8am and check. If you really want peace of mind, you could still show up at 5am.

Since Apple stopped taking pre-order reservations, can't find details on their site about the process.

7. applegeek97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

applegeek97

I called them to find out more info for tomorrow morning, it seems disastrous. lol

8. carolina_fc macrumors newbie

carolina_fc

What time is recommended to line up in Galleria for walk in? :) just for regular 6s

9. TheRaxar macrumors member

Not sure but I remember last year I walked in at 8 and waited for 2.5 hours until they said they only had one color and 128GB in stock so I left lol. I've got a reservation this time between 8 and 8:30AM so hoping the reservation line is quick.

10. carolina_fc macrumors newbie

carolina_fc

Reservation sounds indeed safer he he, I am pretty sure this year they will sell out again so, I am still deciding what time to go :)