Round 2 - Immigration Reform

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 18, 2010.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This will likely be as ugly as Health Insurance reform.

Link

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm glad to see he's not backing down in actually bringing these major issues to spotlight (healthcare, financial reform, immigration, education). That said, these will continue to be just like the healthcare bill.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Implement the new SS biometric measures, and then pass a law penalizing employers who knowingly hire illegals with mandatory jail time no probation. Our typical immigration policies aren't a problem at all, illegals is what the issue is about.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ok, so you've destroyed small business, what about the massive corporations that supply our food (most of USA meat anyway) through almost exclusive use of immigrant labor?

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

if its illegal immigrant labor then they are breaking the law anyways aren't they? I think we may be forgetting we have 10% unemployment right now, I am fairly sure someone would rather butcher cows than watch their family go without dinner.

In the UK you are required to show that you can't find qualified candidates in the Uk before you can use immigrant labor.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The same is true in the US and Canada and probably almost every other country in the world.

7. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Hell no.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm just saying that your policy would really only apply to small business, as massive corporations (especially in the meat industry) have a deal where they shed a few dozen illegal immigrants a year for PR, while their plants are never raided.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

All deals are off, if one illegal is found to be willingly hired after new SS measures have been implemented the employer serves mandatory jail time. For a big corporation the CEO can go to jail and use his/her newly found time to figure out how to hire legal work and stay competitive.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yea, good luck getting that kind of bill passed in ANY country.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I think you underestimate the dislike of illegal immigrant labor in the US. If dems propose any type of amnesty for illegals all the republicans have to do is rally against it and they will gain seats assuredly.

12. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Anything that does not include a trip back for the ILLEGAL to their home county to await the decision should fail.

I'm sure that Barry Soetoro needs this to pass before the November election...if they have a hope of keeping the House. Seems crazy, but I think its even money for the Republicans to take over the Senate as well.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

As long as big business can buy our politicians (which will actually accelerate, thanks supreme court :rolleyes:) there will never be a full out assault on immigrants like the one you imagine.

I think you also overestimate the dislike for the people themselves. Many hate the situation, but don't have any actual ill will towards illegal immigrants just trying to make a better living for their families.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So you really don't care about spending do you? :rolleyes:

15. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Its cheaper to send them back than it is to give the FREE medical care, FREE food, and FREE housing.

Not really free - the bill will be sent to our children and grandchildren. :mad::mad::mad:

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Even though the CEO of a big corporation might have absolutely no freakin' idea that an illegal immigrant was hired way the hell down on the chain of command?

:rolleyes:

17. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Obama has lost his mind (assuming he ever had one, big assumption).

18. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

nothing is stopping the unemployed from getting in line with the immigrants. Im 99% sure an employer would choose a legal over an illegal any day at those wages.

Why dont we see the unemployed asking for those jobs?

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Because our government has decided its okay to put all unemployed people on a 2 year paid vacation via unemployment benefits?

20. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

:rolleyes:

21. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Barry Soetoro is losing it or smoking it (as he has before); but here is is doing what he has to keep power. Its simple, the American public sees Barry Soetoro for the man he is, and he knows the democrats will lose big in eight months. California is in play, and the Majority Leader will likely get the boot!

The only way to get power back it for Barry Soetoro to make these illegals into voting citizens, thereby cementing his power base.

This is a TAKE OVER by Barry Soetoro everyone. Pure and simple.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Link?

You go ahead and figure out how to move tens of millions of people all over the world at once on the cheap, I'd really love to see that.

It'd be nice if you guys would consider reality to go with your ideologies.

23. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Correction: Because our government has decided its okay to <put us and our children into debt slavery to give> all unemployed people on a 2 year paid vacation via unemployment benefits?

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Go ahead and try to live on unemployment for 2 years with the benefits you get, I ****ing dare you. :mad:

My uncle lost his low paying job just under a year ago and he's already starting to wonder if they'll be able to keep the house. Unemployment absolutely shreds personal savings.

Again, take a dose of reality when talking out of your orifices. :mad:

25. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

You can thank Reagen for starting the debt disaster.

Oh and on that note, how many people did he give Amnesty to?