Royal mess trying to unlock with Gevey, 1013, hosts, "the device isn't eligible"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h4lp m3, Aug 11, 2011.

1. h4lp m3 macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 with 04.10.01 baseband. I jailbroke it with Greenp0ison, i've edited the host file, I've told TinyUmbrella to save the blobs (yet they're nowhere on the list) i might have saved them in cydia- I really don't know.

I just want to get it back to factory 4.3.3 and use my Gevey, but I got a 1013 error when I try to restore in both DFU and Recovery mode.
    I tried to edit the Hosts file and put the # sign in front of the gs.apple.com but then it tells me "the device isn't eligible for the requested build".
    So I went to TinyUmbrella and told it to turn off Cydia hosts and now the darn phone is stuck on recovery mode again.

I dunno what the heck I'm doing wrong... Probably everything.

2. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, I jail broke with RedSn0w and I'm up and running, but I still have the same problem, which is that my iPhone is jailbroken and I want it to be on factory 4.3.3 so I can use a Gevey SIM

3. hengyu408 macrumors member

Put the phone in DFU and start tiny umbrella. Start the TSS server in tiny umbrella. Restore with the factory 4.3.3 firmware. iTunes will give you a 1013 error. Download and run fix recovery from the tiny umbrella site. Should be good to go after that.

4. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

You're right, it worked! :D
    Thanks for your help and simple to follow instructions. :apple:

5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Glad it worked for you but the 74 ip address should not be in your host file. You will continue to get the same error if you try to restore next time. To fix the problem permanently. Open Tiny Umbrella, go to advance options, uncheck the box that says leave host file to cydia on exit. Close Tiny umbrella, It will delete that entry and you will be able to do a standard restore from apple without getting any 1015 errors.