Rubber foot missing from bottom of April 2010 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AlphaDogg, Jul 19, 2011.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I just noticed that a rubber foot is missing from the bottom of my MBP. What do I do? Its under AppleCare. Any firsthand experience with this type of thing happening?

Thanks,
    ADogg

[​IMG]

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

If I could find mine, I would do the same.

4. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I just found it. I was buttering a bagel near my MBP today, and when I grabbed the tub of butter out of the fridge to make something for dinner, I found the rubber foot in it. I grabbed it, washed it in the sink, and superglued it to my MBP. I'm happy now :).

5. mhanwell macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen to me, but I was traveling. I have a 3 year AppleCare plan, but the "Genius" told me it was accidental damage and so not covered. When I challenged him, he pointed out some surface scratches stating that this confirmed his assertion.

If you lose the rubber feet he claims that Apple do not carry spare rubber feet. So you need a brand new backplate for the laptop. They will apparently cover the labor, but as in their opinion this represents accidental damage I am liable for the cost of the part (which they didn't even have in stock).

I am amazed that they don't carry spares, and seriously claim it is accidental damage requiring a new backplate. If anyone knows where one might obtain a rubber foot I would appreciate pointers...

6. Resist macrumors 68030

They're not rubber, they're actually nylon pads. And the same material used under furniture feet so they slide on surfaces easier.

7. eric.c macrumors newbie

What he said is true. When I lost mine, he said that it doesn't usually happen and I should stop sliding my MacBook Pro across the table and pick it up. He then proceeded to replace the entire backplate for me.

8. JacaByte macrumors 6502

I would go to the hardware store, find some nylon/rubber pads that are approximately the same size as the feet on my MBP and ghetto-rig them onto the bottom of my MBP.

9. ortegacarlton macrumors newbie

:O in a tub of butter? thats new... wonder how it got in there haha.

i think this somewhat correlates with the topic...but i just realized my macbook doesn't sit on all 4-corneres when its laying on a table. I'm not sure if it's a warped body, or because of the nylon pads... anyone have any suggestions? or if i should just take it to a genius bar? i know it's nothing big, but when i'm in class and typing, it constantly jiggles forward and back...which reminds me of those chairs that are missing one of their feet.

10. miker2209 macrumors regular

miker2209

U should get that checked, sounds kinda serious because your MBP might be bent.