Rudy 9/11 says there were no terror attacks in US before Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Maybe he has dementia?

Giuliani Claims There Were No Terror Attacks On US Soil Before Obama (VIDEO)

Speaking in Youngstown, Ohio ahead of Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, who was the mayor of New York City on 9/11, declared that Islamic extremists hadn't carried out any terror attacks on American soil before Barack Obama's presidency.

"Under those 8 years, before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the US," Giuliani told the crowd. "They all started when Clinton and Obama came into office."

~~

Watch a clip of the remarks via Mashable:

Rudy Giuliani, mayor of NYC on 9/11: "Before Obama, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic attacks in the US" pic.twitter.com/YcSNOVeZaP

— Mashable News (@MashableNews) August 15, 2016

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

How.. hilariously funny. I would laugh here, but the fail is so terrible one can't even bring up the humour to laugh.

Seeing how he has the gonads to say this, yet he was the Mayor of New York when the first WTC bombing occurred in 1993.. The mastermind behind that: Osama bin Laden.

BL.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Will be interesting to see how he explains the gaff.

"Never Forget"....ooops, I forgot.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'll even go further than that.

RFK was labeled a 'terrorist attack'.

Apparently, Rudy also forgot about the Ali Akbar Tabatabaei assassination, which was considered terrorism. This was on Reagan's watch.

Plus El Sayyid Nosair. This? GHWB's presidency.

It must be that Clinton old age thingy that is getting to him.

BL.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Is this the same Rudy Giuliani who was Mayor of NYC when the WTC was bombed the first time? That same Giuliani, who after the 1993 WTC bombing, decided to put the NYC command center in the WTC? ****ing dumbass.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's not the first time Giuliani's done this.
    The only explanation is that Giuliani is a bald-faced liar.

You should probably start spelling his name Giu liar ani.

7. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Agree.

He probably is referring to domestically born "radical Islamic terrorist", but there is a number of other radical religion and independent terrorist attacks, in addition the the 93 attack.

He just shot his foot off.

8. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Well they have stopped playing 9\11 documentaries on its anniversary so it is becoming easy to forget! lol. Can't knock him.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

10. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Thanks Obama! Hillary's chemtrails have made Rudy senile. :(

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no, this one is older & far dumber than the 1993 one :p

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think you're correct that's what he was attempting to say, but it's also wrong. He's forgetting about Seattle Jewish Federation Shooting and the LA Airport shooting.

I think it's far more accurate to say that since the invasion of Iraq in 2003, we have suffered more domestic terror incidents involving "radical Islamic terrorists." But, that would mean putting an event in context. And, no one wants to do that.

Of course, if we look at domestically grown terror events, we also see that there have been 18 incidents linked to right-wing groups in the U.S. since 2001 that killed 48 people. And, we should consider the recent Dallas police shooting and where it belongs on the domestic terror scale.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

What's interesting (and I'm trying to find the specific data) - is that there were a greater # of terrorist attacks prior to the 90s than in the last decade (or 2?). That doesn't mean (pains me to say) less body count. But actual/successful attacks.

I can find pockets of charts - but haven't been able to find one for the full range of years...

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I haven't found a good study either, but absolutely. Most analyses are post-9/11, but that entirely removes the Phalangist terrorists in Lebanon, the SLA in the U.S., or for that matter, the PLO's widespread campaigns. And, that's just off the top of my head.

I think if we go back, we'll see that domestic terror is not new even in the U.S.—what do we make of Shay's Rebellion for example?—and that "radical Islamic terror" is just the new kid on an old block.

15. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I though of Malcom X and other like him as "radical Islamic terrorist", but this article sheds subtle light on distinction. Malcom X may have ordered attacks on US government facilities, and although not pointless violence, would still be considered terror.

KKK would be a great example of a religious organization randomly killing people they don't like.

Domestic terrorism, including religious based, has been around since before USA existed, and will continue.
    Guliani was very wrong.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I went off of this, and saw that it sorted by date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States

I have to also agree with those here that "terrorist attack" and "body count" are mutually exclusive. You don't have to have casualties or fatalities for a terrorist attack to occur.

BL.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Rudy doesn’t remember anything before that day and moment in which he told Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Alsaud to stick his ten million dollar condolence check, offered after the tragedies of the 9/11 attacks.

Of course the prince had tacked a teensy little postscript onto his condolence note, a riff on how maybe the US should think on whether it needed to have a more balanced take on the Palestinian issue. Probably plenty New Yorkers called the rejection of that check Rudy’s finest moment. It was a stunning rebuff of the Prince's postscript, to say the least.

It’s where his clock stopped ticking, though. Rudy’s finest moment, Rudy’s finest moment.

No wonder he is supporting Trump. Trump is Rudy’s Eliza Doolittle.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Every time Giuliani opens that angry old yapper, he is more and more like Danny Devito's Penguin.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No no no. John McCain already has the Penguin role covered. Has ever since his performance in the 2008 election. :D

20. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

He has dementia. I thought he was going to burst a coronary during the RNC.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 15, 2016 ---
    I can't believe Rudy forgot about the Unabomber. The epitome of an evil mastermind terrorist.

21. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Rudy does this from time to time when he starts to feel irrelevant.

22. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

No, Giuliani just doesn't consider the killing of 2,996 people a successful radical Islamic terrorist attack.

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

So is it that some of you can't read or what? He stated in the eight years before Obama they had net been successful. It's technically just over seven, but there weren't any successful attacks on US soil between 9/11 and Obama.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That certainly wasn't because of anything Mr. "Mission Accomplished" Dubya did. That was just dumb luck.

25. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

Right. Everyone knows Bush's eight years began on 9/12/2001. You can look it up.