Rudy Giuliani caught lying - says he never saw Hillary in NYC on 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 12, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

I really think Rudy has some mental health issues. His memory is horrible and this latest lie or something he "forgot" is disgusting.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/bus...n-in-nyc-on-911-but-pictures-prove-hes-lying/

Rudy Giuliani told a bald-faced lie to accuse Hillary Clinton of lying about her response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.The former New York City mayor delivered the whopper Wednesday afternoon while introducing Donald Trump at a rally in Ocala, Florida.

“Don’t tell me if you said that you remember Sept. 11, 2001,” Giuliani said. “I remember Sept. 11, 2001. Yes, yes, you helped to get benefits for the people who were injured that day. But I heard her say that she was there that day. I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there. That was like when she said she had to run through gunfire. That turned out to be, what do we call it? A lie.”

Giuliani is actually the one lying, because Clinton — the Democratic U.S. senator from New York at the time — was photographed walking next to him and then Gov. George Pataki in the aftermath of the attacks.

More and pictures via link

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So, the only people who can remember 9/11 are people who were in New York? That's cute. Might want to tell the people in the Pentagon that one.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Based on the context - it's incredibly misleading. But this isn't the first time he's been grossly mistaken about 9/11. He once said that there had been no terrorist attacks pre-Obama...

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It is completely misleading. She was in D.C. on 9/11 doing her job as senator of N.Y. It's not like she was able to hop on the next American Airlines flight and get up to NYC in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. She made it up there on the 12th on one of the few planes allowed to fly that day. So yes, technically he's correct. But he's being a misleading piece of human garbage when he says it.

It's like, if in a review of the Toyota Camry, Car and Driver said "The Camry is an overpriced piece of junk. Instead, you should buy a Honda Accord. It's the best midsize sedan on the market" and then Toyota's marketing people put out a TV commercial with the words "In a recent review of the Camry, Car and Driver said 'it's the best midsize sedan on the market'". Yes, technically they did say that in a review of the Camry, but holy crap is it misleading as hell.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'll also add that like @hulugu - it's not even appropriate to assume that the only thing that matters is NYC (and I live here). The Pentagon (for example) was also hit.

9. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

So, Hillary, who was trapped in DC when flights were canceled took a day to get up to NY? And the issue is?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    As a person who grew up outside of DC, I note that this point is sometimes overlooked, as was the plane that crashed in PA.

10. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I try not to be this lowbrow, but lately when I see Giuliani on the news he looks like this fella all grown up...

[​IMG]

11. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Not even a hint of any suggestion otherwise on my part. Misleading is putting it kindly.

B

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

All you need to know about Giuliani is that he informed his wife he was separating from her at a press conference.

13. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Aww people are still listening to Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer?