Rudy Giuliani caught lying - says he never saw Hillary in NYC on 9/11

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I really think Rudy has some mental health issues. His memory is horrible and this latest lie or something he "forgot" is disgusting.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/busted-rudy-giuliani-says-he-never-saw-hillary-clinton-in-nyc-on-911-but-pictures-prove-hes-lying/

Rudy Giuliani told a bald-faced lie to accuse Hillary Clinton of lying about her response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.The former New York City mayor delivered the whopper Wednesday afternoon while introducing Donald Trump at a rally in Ocala, Florida.

“Don’t tell me if you said that you remember Sept. 11, 2001,” Giuliani said. “I remember Sept. 11, 2001. Yes, yes, you helped to get benefits for the people who were injured that day. But I heard her say that she was there that day. I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there. That was like when she said she had to run through gunfire. That turned out to be, what do we call it? A lie.”

Giuliani is actually the one lying, because Clinton — the Democratic U.S. senator from New York at the time — was photographed walking next to him and then Gov. George Pataki in the aftermath of the attacks.

More and pictures via link

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Unfortunately it'a not a complete whopper. Politico reports she was in DC and other sources date those pictures 9/12.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-hillary-clinton-september-11-911-attacks-nyc-214236

B
It is completely misleading. She was in D.C. on 9/11 doing her job as senator of N.Y. It's not like she was able to hop on the next American Airlines flight and get up to NYC in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. She made it up there on the 12th on one of the few planes allowed to fly that day. So yes, technically he's correct. But he's being a misleading piece of human garbage when he says it.

It's like, if in a review of the Toyota Camry, Car and Driver said "The Camry is an overpriced piece of junk. Instead, you should buy a Honda Accord. It's the best midsize sedan on the market" and then Toyota's marketing people put out a TV commercial with the words "In a recent review of the Camry, Car and Driver said 'it's the best midsize sedan on the market'". Yes, technically they did say that in a review of the Camry, but holy crap is it misleading as hell.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It is completely misleading. She was in D.C. on 9/11 doing her job as senator of N.Y. It's not like she was able to hop on the next American Airlines flight and get up to NYC in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. She made it up there on the 12th on one of the few planes allowed to fly that day. So yes, technically he's correct. But he's being a misleading piece of human garbage when he says it.

It's like, if in a review of the Toyota Camry, Car and Driver said "The Camry is an overpriced piece of junk. Instead, you should buy a Honda Accord. It's the best midsize sedan on the market" and then Toyota's marketing people put out a TV commercial with the words "In a recent review of the Camry, Car and Driver said 'it's the best midsize sedan on the market'". Yes, technically they did say that in a review of the Camry, but holy crap is it misleading as hell.
I'll also add that like @hulugu - it's not even appropriate to assume that the only thing that matters is NYC (and I live here). The Pentagon (for example) was also hit.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
So, Hillary, who was trapped in DC when flights were canceled took a day to get up to NY? And the issue is?
[doublepost=1476301467][/doublepost]
I'll also add that like @hulugu - it's not even appropriate to assume that the only thing that matters is NYC (and I live here). The Pentagon (for example) was also hit.
As a person who grew up outside of DC, I note that this point is sometimes overlooked, as was the plane that crashed in PA.