Rudy Giuliani Confirms FBI Insiders Leaked Information To The Trump Campaign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 4, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Comey has lost control of the bureau. Obama needs to fire his ass on 11/9.

'The FBI is Trumpland': anti-Clinton atmosphere spurred leaking, sources say

--- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2016 ---

Did you mean to insult all snakes?

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's it. Every single person leaking info at the FBI needs to be fired immediately. Time for a house cleaning.

6. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

7. DrewDaHilp1, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

LOL calling for leakers to be fired. When the biggest leak came from Clintons own server.

8. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Giuliani said he had contact only with non-active agents, so this was not an FBI leak per se.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Seriously Drew, do you really not have a problem with FBI leaking information in cases they are investigating? Seriously?

10. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Those who were just berating Obama for involving himself in the FBI findings are eerily silent when Giuliani did the same thing. Funny that.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

How did the "non-active" agents get their info? From active FBI agents? No one at the FBI should be leaking info...period. People working a case should not be talking to anyone outside of the case.

12. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

right.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

In this case, no. Yes I am a hypocrite. How anyone can claim that this entire ordeal was investigated impartially is beyond me. As the head of the DOJ you simply do not meet with a family member of investigative target one day before your underling Director of the FBI is set to deliver the results of said investigation. Then when that FBI Director lists his findings, claims that no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges when others who committed lesser "mistakes" or "careless" actions are imprisoned. Nothing about that entire situation looks fair. Lady Justice may be blind but in a case like this she was hand walked to the findings they wanted. At the very least that is how it looks like.

14. appleisking macrumors 6502a

It's ok when Republicans do it

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

My bad.

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm honest about it. You will continue to lie and pretend Clinton has a halo around her head.

17. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I noticed how you left out giving trump info thats ok but not Clinton's involvement?

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Your reading comprehension needs work.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Justifying being a hypocrite still makes one a hypocrite. The only way to stop that is to stop the hypocrisy. That's like saying "I'm racist, but at least I know I'm racist."

Justifying the problem doesn't address the problem. So you have some soul-searching to do to address your problem. Hopefully you have the fortitude to do as such.

BL.

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I have no problem. The lot of you should do the soul searching. Acting as if Hillary is without fault. I've repeatedly said that Trump is a scum bag. Hillary is too. Why I would chose one scum bag over the other is because one of them hasn't taken any Oaths to the people or the Constitution.

21. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

When compared to Trump she has a dozen halos around her head. His supporters can be as hyperbolic as they want but the leak of emails and a personal server is in no way comparable to sexually assaulting women and admitting to it.

22. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

23. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

National Security takes precedent over sexual assault. It's okay though double down on hypocrisy.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

There might be a degree of separation, but nonetheless, there are agents at the FBI leaking information about an investigation to rank partisans. That's not a good thing.

"It looks like" is the key phrase. The assumption in your post is that the head of the DOJ was swayed by meeting with a family member. Now, Clinton is a unique character. He's a former president, and its clear that decorum would allow the U.S. Attorney General to speak with a former president without damaging her reputation as a public servant. But, Lynch stepped back and let the decision be made by Comey. In which case, this public meeting that you're still stuck on shouldn't matter.

Comey, who did not meet with Clinton on the tarmac, still decided against charging Clinton because he could not prove intent.

And, it's clear that Clinton's case falls under different standards as other publicized cases. (One thing you don't hear about is the dozens of cases the FBI has reviewed and decline to charged.)

If you review the statutes and the specifics of the crimes, you'll see that such comparisons are apples versus pineapples; they sound the same, but are actually entirely different fruits.

Again, review the FBI's own findings and you'll see that the right-wing has blown this case out of proportion to get Clinton.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2016 ---
    If Clinton had been charged and convicted of leaking national secrets, you might have a point. But, there's no evidence that Clinton intentionally, or accidentally, leaked U.S. secrets or that any damage was done.

What harm can you illustrate that was created when Clinton and her staff "talked around" such information during the crisis in Benghazi?

25. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

And a former secretary of state whose worked with nearly every nation on the planet may be (just maybe) more qualified to take on national security than one who got five military deferments and never served the nation a day in his entire life.