Rudy Giuliani is a lying piece of _____

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jan 8, 2010.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'll let you fill in the blank.

Giuliani: "We had no domestic attacks under Bush; we've had one under Obama."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/08/rudy-giuliani-we-had-no-d_n_416033.html

Even if he meant to say "after 9/11" he'd still be dead wrong because there's still the anthrax attacks, shoe bomber and DC sniper.

I had some respect for him after 9/11, but no more. He is a lying, opportunistic little weasel who will say anything, even if it's complete bullcrap, to get in front of a camera for 2 minutes.

And Rudy 911iani isn't the only republican to be rewriting history. Dana Perino and Mary Matalin also have forgotten that 9/11 happened under Bush. Do republicans really think that Americans are that stupid? No one except them believes their BS.

2. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Don't forget the Yemen Embassy bombing in 2008.

link

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

WTF??!!! Is he on crack? Hello!!!!! 9/11, Anthrax and more than a few others. A**hole! :mad:

5. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

While I'm sure that some folks would argue otherwise, we haven't conquered Yemen for the US. That wouldn't be domestic (unless you wanted to argue that the embassy was American soil and thus domestic - too tenuous a link for my comfort).

Now, I am going to disagree with the rest of the posters here. There were no attacks under the Bush administration. Those attacks were under the Cheney administration; the Bush administration was in place for a 100 days at the beginning (before he got squeezed out) and a couple months at the end (when he put Dick back in his place).

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

No, he's a Republican. At least if you're on Crack there are support groups to help you make something of yourself other than the low-life, useless piece of **(t that the drugs have turned you into.

7. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I am aware that while it was not necessarily a domestic attack it was still an attack on U.S. interests overseas, much like the attack on the U.S.S. Cole late in Clinton's presidency that is sometimes used as evidence that Clinton didn't keep us safe.

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I knew where you were going with that, but don't think US interests would qualify as domestic attacks. However, it certainly would meet the same standard at the Cole in determining if Cheney kept us safe.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Also see Dana Perino and Mary Matalin on the issue...

To be honest the part that pisses me off the most is that all three time that I know of NO ONE sitting at the desk with these people corrected them. Not CNN with Matalin, not Fox with Perino, and not stephanopoulos on ABC. WTF people, seriously?

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So what are we labeling the Fort Hood shooting? Was that terrorism or not?

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's because the media is really Liberal and very competent ;).

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Not sure how they ended up classifying that.

14. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Terrorism Lite

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Islamic radical craziness

16. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

If we're not going to call every other school and workplace shooting terrorism, then I see no reason to consider Ft. Hood terrorism, since basically, that's what it was, a workplace shooting. The workplace just happened to be a military base.

The only reason the right considers it to be a terrorist act is because the shooter was brown. If it was a white Christian, they wouldn't be calling it terrorism, just like they didn't call the Holocaust Museum shooting terrorism.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It is, as far as I'm concerned.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The problem with that is he was a confirmed extremist. I think it was a terrorist act against the country.

19. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

The people behind the Pittsburgh police shooting and the Holocaust Museum shooting were both white supremacists, which I would consider pretty extreme, yet no one considers those acts of terrorism.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I think white supremacists are the lowest denominator of person. They should be charged with terrorism. The problem is the Supreme court says a lot of what they do is free speech.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The vast majority of what they do is free speech. That's not a problem, that's the way our country is. That's part of living in a free country.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The majority of what they do is incite and promote terror, much like a extremist. So why don't we track these people.

23. gibbz macrumors 68030

I guess George corrected him after the fact.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He also had contact with some rather unpleasant places/folks that were involved in terrorism in the past.

I would consider a school shooting terrorism though.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

There is no law saying that people cannot express opinions, how ever unpopular they may be. It is actions that may be illegal. And I believe the FBI does indeed keep tabs on them.