Rule 41

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iapplelove, Dec 2, 2016.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

2. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Honestly, I kinda expected something like this a long time ago, in response to DDOS events. Once hackers start turning any internet-connected device into a potential criminal weapon, it only seems logical for governments to start treating any internet-connected device as a potential criminal weapon.

I hate to say it, but when the internet fails to govern itself, other governments will naturally start to step in. People just don't like being taken advantage of...

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Human nature to "acquire more".
    And do we give away our government too much power?

Side note: looks like the "free country" is not a free country as they bragged.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 2, 2016 ---
    This is what we have already done repeatedly, in many areas and in many years, long before Internet is a thing.

4. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

And this is why, in many areas and in many years, governments have been formed to control criminal activity. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I think we're saying the same thing here, now that I re-read your comment. :)

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yea lets just hand the government more power, that sounds great :rolleyes:

6. unlinked macrumors 6502a

There are some really nutty judges out there.

"Generally, one has no reasonable expectation of privacy in an IP address when using the internet."

Apparently you don't need a warrant to hack a computer on the internet.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

So instead of 10 steps behind, they are now at 9 3/4 steps behind. Oh Yea!!!

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah maybe v 4.0 by now?

When I was first a progammer I used to dream about a timesaving brain-to-disk application where I could just think the code and it would go up correctly syntaxed and then compile error-free.

Now I just hope I don't receive a brain implant tax-free from the government while sleeping in range of my router some night.

Starting to think I should have watched more SciFi movies so I would be literate enough to discuss the next five or ten years of our technological "progress". Please provide a good list LOL.