Rule Changes Would Give FBI Agents Extensive New Powers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Sep 14, 2008.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/11/AR2008091103306.html?hpid=topnews
    And in other completely unrelated but still somehow relevant to the conversation news:

Ex-CIA Exec Facing Trial Says He'll Expose Agents, Programs

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Were building a all powerful police state who answers to no one. Hitler did the same thing. I read yesterday these guys wouldnt even have to identify themself. This is why we have a Constitution.

Our lawmakers are tearing down the constitution for their police state, we will protect you from yourself crap.

3. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

And, those of us who are seeing through this gestapo power grab, wonder, "Is anyone paying attention?". We can cut through the smokescreen. This is homeland security, an agency which needs to be disbanded. It was not a bad idea very early on. There was a great deal of fear right after 9/11. There was far too much hysteria, and finger-pointing. People were seeing terrorists in every shadow. But, as soon as the various agencies received some training, and a communication layer established, DHS was redundant. It is similar to the analogy of having a lobotomy to stop a headache. I hope Obama puts a congressional committee together, charged with dismantling this mega force, and regaining the rule of law, and honoring our constitutional rights. I really am convinced, the average American does not understand how much as been lost.

You cannot have a free, open society of laws, and a police state coexist. That is what we are failing at. We must choose, and God help us make the right choice. I support a free society and rule of law. I have a friend who works in the SF branch of DHS. He has told me, it is a constant struggle there, with in-fighting, constant beefs involving those engaged in power grabs. He also says that things are grossly over-staffed. "The whole thing needs to to be put down on the table and redesigned, now that the national hysteria has settled down."