[Rumor] AT&T/Sprint to release new iPhone, followed by Verizon/T-Mobile next year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saving107, Jun 8, 2011.

1. saving107, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

9to5mac.com posted this rumor that Sprint will soon start carrying the new iPhone, but the part that I found interesting was at the end of the article.

Sprint iPhone in advanced testing?

http://www.9to5mac.com/71341/sprint-iphone-in-advanced-testing/

Of course, this is just a rumor but I thought it was odd and different than the other rumors off all 4 carriers selling the iPhone at the same time.

2. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

There is no way that Apple would even consider that. Losing out on the two biggest by far for a year?

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

That is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.

4. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Well this is just silly, and highly improbable. Apple already limits their new models to one per year (based on history at least), why would they even further cripple themselves by only doing one carrier at a time? There's just no way they would do that, especially at the rate that Android is growing in popularity.

5. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Out of all the rumors I have heard, this is the most ridiculous. Why would they even post it? 9to5 just lost some credibility with me for reposting that garbage from Talk Andriod.

6. saving107 thread starter macrumors 603

saving107

The way I understood it (since Verizon just got the iPhone in February), this Fall Apple would release a new iPhone model on AT&T & Sprint, and next February would be Verizon & T-Mobile with either the same or different model.

AT&T would still have exclusivity over Verizon, and Sprint would get Exclusivity over T-Mobile.

FYI: I also edited my title to make more sense.

7. chr macrumors regular

Yeah, I would be willing to be my life savings that this rumor is wrong. If anyone would like to take this bet, please let me know.

8. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816