Rumored photo and the real thing

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Here is a side by side comparison of what was rumored to be the next powermac and how the powermac really came out looking:
pretty much the same.

Attachments

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Rumored photo and the real thing

Originally posted by Total OS X
Here is a side by side comparison of what was rumored to be the next powermac and how the powermac really came out looking:
pretty much the same.
it looks like the rumor photo may not have had the shiny "sticker" on.. (i am saying "Styicker" for a lack of a better word..)...

there is no question that it was a faked photo at this point.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Re: Re: Rumored photo and the real thing

Originally posted by firewire2001

it looks like the rumor photo may not have had the shiny "sticker" on.. (i am saying "Styicker" for a lack of a better word..)...

there is no question that it was a faked photo at this point.
What shiny sticker? Do you mean the protective plastic film that's applied to virtually all mac products to protect the in shipping? It was not a fake, BTW.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by Total OS X
faked? the design is identical and the only difference is in the color.
The colour difference looks more like the result of the camera's flash to me......

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by iGAV

The colour difference looks more like the result of the camera's flash to me......
absolutely. Apple takes profession pics of all there machines and the spy photo was done quickly with a cheap digital camera (most likely).

These cases are exactly the same. The shiny optical bay on the first photo is totally shiny (like metal) and reflecting something off camera. In Apples photo care was taken to reduce the reflection/specularity and it shows.

These are the same thing - not fake!

D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
fake?

in case u don't understand how light works...

if u have different light sources at different angles...u get differences in appearance...

color can be one of those factors...

how the hell is that fake? :rolleyes:

zorglub

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2002
Paris France
comparison

light's difference, poor conditions and camera, no photoshop work,plastic film,etc... "et voila" the reason why... the photo was true of course.

that's evidence

z-):rolleyes:

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
OK for anyone who has said the rumored photo is fake. Have you every used a camera with a flash? The plastic is going to look lighter cause the flash is bouncing off it. Christ it;s common sense. You ever take a picture of a person and have their face get lighter in some areas? Does that mean there skin is F'ed up. No it means the flash is bouncing off the oil on their. What you are seeing is simply the difference between regular everyday lighting and studio lighting combined with photoshop. Really i'm sorry but you must engage your brain before running your mouth

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
Custom iPod Sleeve?

Anybody know where to find the template for the custom iPod sleeves, It would be cool to customize my ipod like that, thanks,

P.S.: Here is a photo for those that dont know what I mean

Attachments