Rumors are useless >> release date is tomorrow!!!

elensil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
I have noticed a tendency on the rumor sites. Forums are overflown with posts predicting entire lineups etc one day before the release.
It really makes no difference if the rumors are right or not. RELEASE IS TOMORROW. If we had been patient all this time, why not wait another day?

P.S. What if the release date is not tomorrow? hmmm....

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Re: Rumors are useless >> release date is tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by elensil
Forums are overflown with posts predicting entire lineups etc one day before the release.

If there is no release tomorrow the resulting case of techno-blueballs will make for upwards of 50 "I'm buying a Dell because I'm a weakwilled moron." Threads.:D

At which point Rower, Dukestreet, B2TM, Eye, Alpha, G4Scott, Topicolo and several others will flame them into the next century.:D :D :D :rolleyes:

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
London, England
Re: Rumors are useless >> release date is tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by elensil
I have noticed a tendency on the rumor sites. Forums are overflown with posts predicting entire lineups etc one day before the release.
It really makes no difference if the rumors are right or not. RELEASE IS TOMORROW. If we had been patient all this time, why not wait another day?

well it is easier to predict what apple doing tomorrow the it is in 5 years, so it normal to expect a lot a day before

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Re: Re: Rumors are useless >> release date is tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by mischief
If there is no release tomorrow the resulting case of techno-blueballs will make for upwards of 50 "I'm buying a Dell because I'm a weakwilled moron." Threads.:D

At which point Rower, Dukestreet, B2TM, Eye, Alpha, G4Scott, Topicolo and several others will flame them into the next century.:D :D :D :rolleyes:
Oh HELL YEAH!!!!! I've been looking to try out my new flame-throwers... :D You have your monkey ready??? :eek: :eek: :D

Rumors are just speculation UNTIL Apple actually makes an announcement... Until it's up on Apple's web site, it's not confirmed.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Re: Re: Re: Rumors are useless >> release date is tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by AlphaTech

Oh HELL YEAH!!!!! I've been looking to try out my new flame-throwers... :D You have your monkey ready??? :eek: :eek: :D

Rumors are just speculation UNTIL Apple actually makes an announcement... Until it's up on Apple's web site, it's not confirmed.
Actually I've been doing some bio-engineering involving Rabbits, exotic foods and Methamphetamine.... I may have figured out a Jackrabbit-Pellet-gun.:D :eek:

It works a bit like "kitty bagpipes" and does about 200 Rounds :)D) per minute.

New and improved Winkies will, of course be standing by along witha Legion of Mime-shocktroops.

I may re-open the Arena.....:cool:

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
in all seriousness

Originally posted by Sun Baked
One small point:

I just forgot what I was going to say.

I laughed pretty hard when i read that....

but seriously... I can't wait for the new PMs to come out. But I think it would be more interesting for them not to come out and watch everyone squeal because of it.

hehe

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
What if they are 1.6 GHz/DDR400/ATA-133? ya i know..but what if they are?? :)
I would buy one in a sec..I'd even pay for .mac :)
But then again,i think 1 GHz/64mb vram TiBook+2x FW cases is perfect mac for me. Unfortunately,laptop would make me even more lazier,i wouldn't have to get out of my bed whole day man! :D ;)

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by Megaquad
What if they are 1.6 GHz/DDR400/ATA-133? ya i know..but what if they are?? :)
I would buy one in a sec..I'd even pay for .mac :)
But then again,i think 1 GHz/64mb vram TiBook+2x FW cases is perfect mac for me. Unfortunately,laptop would make me even more lazier,i wouldn't have to get out of my bed whole day man! :D ;)
now who's dreaming:mad:

edit: sorry wrong guy ignore

chills

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
I know this is just another dirty rumor but for the last couple days I have been searching the Apple site for the words "power mac" and today I noticed a new graphic popped up. This graphic lists the PowerMac starting at $1699. Last week this graphic said starting at $1599. The store also says $1599. I believe there is some truth to the price increase.

Chills

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by chills
I know this is just another dirty rumor but for the last couple days I have been searching the Apple site for the words "power mac" and today I noticed a new graphic popped up. This graphic lists the PowerMac starting at $1699. Last week this graphic said starting at $1599. The store also says $1599. I believe there is some truth to the price increase.
Chills
The truth is out there :p

dynamicd

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago
Don't know if this means anything buy earlier today the estimated shipping date for a powermac was something like 3-5 days but as of now it's 1-2 days.

Too bad thats not the shipping date for the imac.
:(

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Guess what happens when you click on that image... You go to the Apple Store and get the prices I posted... :p

BEFORE you start putting up shyt, you really should confirm that you are putting something at least halfway accurate.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
You poor deluded fool...

By your [flawed] logic, we could have a colony on Mars before the end of the year... :rolleyes: :p :D :cool:

Next time, use your few remaining living brain cells to think shyt like that over before posting it...

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Guess what happens when you click on that image... You go to the Apple Store and get the prices I posted... :p

BEFORE you start putting up shyt, you really should confirm that you are putting something at least halfway accurate.
We're all scratching and clawing for any clue of what will happen tomorrow. Here's how you get the lower/higher price

1.go to www.apple.com
2.near the bottom, there is a search box. Type in "powerbook" or "powermac" etc
3.voila. different prices

granted, the apple store has the same price, but it might mean that prices will change tomorrow. Maybe they put the prices up on the search site a tad too early. Maybe we're all crazy psychos :eek: that will kill apple for not upgrading fast enough for our liking.

:rolleyes:

Liamcow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
does this mean apple is posting the wrong prices? i don't get it, you CAN'T get a TiBook $2,199, what did that page mean then? I'm just an idiot. sorry