RUN. HIDE. FIGHT

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 4, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

don't care what religion or side of the aisle you are from, this might help you and your family should this crap continue.

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

this is what ISIS wants. Check and Mate

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

Seriously doubt you actually watched the video, but since it's your life by all means just sit there if you wish.

4. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

There's a fourth solution. It's called not living in the US. Also, the last point (fight) is really stupid, shooters aren't dumb, you can't just take them out with a ****ing fire extinguisher. Only way to take them out is if you wear bullet-proof clothing and you kill him with REAL weapons.
    LOL not sure what you're trying to say.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

live in places like Paris?
    again, your life, by all means just wait for the cops.

6. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

You'd be surprised to hear that the Paris attack was one-in-a-kind, last time something similar happened that was 30 years ago I believe.

Do you really think there's a mass shooting in France every three month? In Canada? In UK? In Australia? Pretty much anywhere in Europe?

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't live there, so I don't know how often people are killed there, if I ever move I will ask.

8. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It's sad that we have reached a point that this is even needed.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

So people should move countries because there's a tiny chance they could be killed in a mass shooting?

10. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

The chance isn't so "tiny". When there's a shooting every two months, the chance of being in there is pretty damn high. Obviously, if you work in the middle of nowhere there will be no shootings at all, usually shootings happen in large places. But if you do work in said places, the chances of you getting shot is quite high.

I wouldn't risk it. I'm not going to participate in death lottery every day. I'd rather stay in a place I know is safe, and I'm sure many people would too.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

What a rationale. Most are shocked that something this serious hadn't happened in this long a time and that it's a harbinger of things to come, given all we've been seeing up till now.

But you look at the distance between events and conclude its a rarity, as though it's a hurricane, and not a strident malevolence by an increasingly emboldened enemy.

12. Zombie Acorn, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015

Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

ISIS wants you to sit around being a scared bunch of dunks who are too PC to report a muslim blowing your **** up. Check and Mate. Even your president fell for it.

That worked well for the 100+ people living in France.

The fact that you dismiss melee weapons at a short distance vs. a gun shows a lack of experience. You can only aim a gun at a distance. If multiple people are willing to take a shotgun blast, you might get one shot off.

13. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If 20 people were killed each month in mass shootings an American would have a 0.0000008% chance of being killed a year by a mass shooter. The 20 number is just off the top of my head, but as you can see the chance is incredibly low. The stress of worrying about it is probably more likely to kill you than a mass shooter.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If I win the lottery I already have my life path picked out, might as well plan for the jihadi lottery where I get to either die or beat the life out of a cowardly terrorist scumbag.

15. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

No, the chance is pretty tiny. For all gun-related homicides, it's about the same as the chances of being killed in a car accident. Of course, it's smaller still if you only considering mass shooters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...o-be-killed-by-a-falling-object-as-a-gun.html

Not saying it isn't a big deal, but it certainly isn't worth leaving or not entering the US over.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's scary to see, but sound advice.