Run Sarah Run

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jun 2, 2011.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A little history lesson from (hopefully) candidate Sarah Palin. Must see the video in link.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-cn...palins-version-of-paul-reveres-midnight-ride/

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Oh please please please please.

With Donald Trump as her running mate.

Please.:p

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Confess!! You're a writer for Jay Leno, aren't you??? :mad:

:p

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I felt embarrassed watching that one minute clip. Oh boy...

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

This would be the absolute best for the GOPpers and the country! :D

6. Surely Guest

Surely

My 1 year old could be a writer for Leno.:D

7. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

8. Surely Guest

Surely

I know. He said he wouldn't last night on Piers Morgan's softball interview show.

"We just happened to go for pizza and all these reporters came out of nowhere?" Yeah, sure Donald.:rolleyes:

"Before I dropped out I was leading everyone in the polls." Sure you were...so why'd you drop out then? :rolleyes:

He pretty much said that he had to drop out because he had more important things going on....like Celebrity Apprentice. Really, that's more important than running for POTUS?:rolleyes:

The above are not exact quotes, but the gist of what Douchald Trump said.

I saw it. So awesome.:D

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Paul Revere ... firing those warning shots and ringing those bells.

Priceless. :D

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I would much more likely vote for her over Rick Perry and I sure as hell will not vote for her but she is much better than Rick Perry that much is for sure and sadly may be the best the GOP have.

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And I would most likely vote for pond scum, but I am not allowed to play in your cesspool.

12. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I think Rick Perry has a distorted but firm ideology. Rick Perry would run the white house his way and would only listen to himself. Palin, on the other hand, doesn't understand **** and would be manipulated by the people surrounding her. I find that very dangerous because her head would be filled with ideas and plans not of her own.

13. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Rule by the weak minded: An unnatural order or proof of Devolution?

Developing...

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He makes more money doing Celebrity Apprentice than he would as president, and to Donald, nothing is more important than money.

15. Surely Guest

Surely

But the economy!

I thought that nothing is more important to the Donald than good hair product?:confused:

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump will wait until next summer when all the other contenders fight it out and then swoop in.

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It would be funny, but at the same time I'd be too worried that the GOP would rig the election and they'd win in which case we'd no longer have a free country.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It Sarah Palin's short bus tour is proving anything to anybody, it's why the woman is too vapid and self-centered to hold office. Aside from the speech rdowns cited, she announced that she was going to be at the Rolling Thunder Memorial Day event -- to the consternation of the Rolling Thunder people, who neither knew she was coming nor wanted to look like they were endorsing her visit.

In Gettysburg, her fans waited all day for her to make an appearance...and they went away disappointed. I forget which news channel I was watching, but they made a point that nobody really knew why Palin was making this tour, and she wasn't telling. Was she going to announce? Was it just publicity for herself? In the end it looks very Trump-like...all coy and egotistical and ultimately disrespectful to the people.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Even given that information I stand by what I said. Perry has really messed up Texas and shows time and time again he only cares about himself. The guy is crap.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

If anyone wants to read an amazing Sara Palin story check out The Tragedy of Sara Palin at Atlantic Magazine.

I admit that I don't know anything about Sara Palin other than when I met her at the Republican Convention with a slash and burn speech handed to her by her handlers. In Alaska she stood up against corrupt Republican leadership banding with temporary allies, state Democrats, to insist on a program that rewarded the State of Alaska with higher taxes from big oil. Higher taxes from big oil? Holy ****!!

The article describes the perfect opportunity at the Republican convention to say look what I did in Alaska, I worked with both sides for the betterment of the state instead, we got what we got and she's been selling herself on those terms ever since.

21. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

That's a very good article. I remember just after her nomination hearing from friends in Alaska who spoke well of her. I discounted it but for the wrong reasons.

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dont forget to warn the british? LOL