Running Windows 7 in Boot Camp, about 1-inch of black space at corners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cowbellallen, May 12, 2013.

1. cowbellallen macrumors regular

I have my Macbook Pro plugged into a 27-inch Asus monitor via a MiniDisplay>HDMI cable. The computer is running Windows 7 via Boot Camp, and this monitor is setup to display up to 1920x1080.

It looks like there is about 1 inch of black space between the corners of the Windows OS and the edge of the monitor. I'd really like to utilize that space, but don't know what can be done. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Boot Camp.

I'm out of ideas, please let me know if you can assist.

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

HDMI is digital it should run exactly the resolution you set in windows.

At the risk of giving a really dumb advice (your wording doesn't really offer too much confidence in what you mean by up to 1080p).
    You did right click on the desktop. Open screen resolutions and in there 1080p is set for the external and extended Desktop. Not mirror or something.

Since most of this should be set automatically I can only assume you got it set to mirror screens.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

To add, if your settings in the OS are correct, try using the auto-adjust setting on your monitor if it has it but if you're using HDMI, it should just use the same resolution.

4. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

I had a similar problem before with my Mini with the AMD chip.

You need to install the original graphic drivers for your graphics card. Don't use the bootcamp drivers but the ones straight from the graphics manufacturer as their driver settings allow to adjust for overscan/underscan which seems to be the case here.

Which MBP do you have?