Rupert Everett Thinks Gay Parents Aren't A Good Idea

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Rupert Everett is an 'old-school gay', he belongs to a generation of gays and lesbians who don't even believe same-sex marriage is a good idea. That's because they grew up in a strict heteronormative world where men were men and women were women and society was set up in a way that seemed irreformable.

I must admit, despite being from a more socially progressive generation, even I have my doubts sometimes about so-called 'rainbow families'. It's not that I don't approve, I've just never experienced it growing up or even now, hence I have no relation to it and find it 'odd' in its very own way.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

This is just retarded.

Who the parents are and what their sexual orientation is has nothing to do with how their children will turn out. Their beliefs and what they teach their children does.

There have been tons of bad people brought up by what you would call a "normal" family with a mother and father. Just like there have been great people brought up by two mothers or two fathers.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

People have a lot of baseless opinions. Gay couples who want to adopt could provide a lot of great homes. I'm aware that's not their only option, but it does exist. On a side note, the photo looks like the Dos Equis guy if he was hit in the face with a shovel.

[​IMG]

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

How about being raised by no one?

Being raised in an orphanage.

Being shuttled from foster home to foster home.

Honestly, if Rupert can't think of anything worse, then he suffers from a severe lack of imagination.