Rupublicans do not show up to review budget

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Oct 25, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

$2,400,000,000,000.00 - That is right, 2.4 Trillion Dollars for the cost of the Iraqi 'Occupancy. , 26% of the National debt. And, the republicans do not even make an appearance. All of you fiscal Republicans, please explain this.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I can think of several words to describe the Republicans: irresponsible, disgraceful, cowardly....

3. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Who said that there were any fiscal conservatives in Congress?

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Glad you said 2.4 trillion. I can't count that many zeros.

Also, why would they show up? It's not like it's money out of their pockets or money out of their wealthy friends pockets, so why should they care?

6. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Ummm, it is. There are no fiscal republicans in congress. They are all religious nuts who spend as much or more than the democrats.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Then why do you people still keep voting for them?

"I'd be a Republican if only they would" - Bill Maher.

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Lesser of two evils, solvs. However that's not becoming a reason anymore, as both parties to me are absolutely dismal performers fiscally.

EDIT: From your original source it says that $2.4 trillion is enough to "Provide health care coverage to every American for one year". I suspect a lot of the people complaining about how much $2.4 dollars is are also in support of universal health care. While their estimate was probably not exact, you think we're spending a lot of money now?

9. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Unless there's an independant, there's only two people running for a given position in the full election. I have to vote for the person that is less likely to spend money and will be more likely to stimulate the economy, lower my taxes and reduce the size of the government. Sometimes it doesn't work out as well as you might want.

10. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

The key is electing leadership which will seek out the great managers to run the Country. Many people fail to recognize how vitally important a good cabinet is. Some presidents fill it with political hacks, who are mainly there to receive their reward for 'service rendered'. These people often do not have a clue about management. Their goal is to promote the administration's agenda. Good presidents attract the 'best and the brightest' to come in and make a difference.

An couple examples are from the Clinton administration. William Perry became Secretary of Defense. His team found over 30,000 items which could be purchased 'over the counter'. There was no justification for buying a special Mil Spec variety. He saved taxpayers $3.5 Billion annually.

He kept Alan Greenspan, even though AG was a staunch conservative. He then appointed Robert Rubin, Lloyd Bentsen and Lawrence Summers as Secretary of the Treasury. The net result was a very close-knit group managing the nations finances.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The last couple of years would disagree with the whole "less likely to spend money and will be more likely to stimulate the economy, lower my taxes and reduce the size of the government". True, some people's taxes may have gone down, haven't really noticed mine go down that much, but with the debt going the way it is, they're going to have to eventually raise them anyway. The size of the gov has gone up as well.

I was no fan of Slick Willy, but at least he could balance the budget.