Rush Limbaugh says Hillary rigged the 2016 election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

[​IMG]

First question: doesn’t it seem odd that Hillary would rig an election where she lost?

Second question: can anybody give a speech standing behind a podium with the presidential seal?

2. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

4. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Apparently he was introducing the president to a rally.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

LOL. Aside from the absurdity the OP pointed out of H sabotaging her own campaign, Rush has had a 20+ year head start on Der Furor in the political lying department. Not that any of those lies make any sense either.

6. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Hillary did rig the election but not against Trump. Against Bernie Sanders.

That's exactly what Russia exposed so it's doubtful she was in on it, and frankly, I don't care if it was domestic or foreign agents who exposed that truth. I'm getting pretty damn tired of people in this country getting mad at those who expose the corruption instead of the actual corruption or letting politicians or parties steer where our anger should be waged.

But I'll also admit it's the media that is lying about what the majority of the public is angry about because it serves their own corrupt purposes.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Although the rigging on Hilary’s behalf didn’t affect the outcome of the primary.

8. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

You’re saying she didn’t win the primary?

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I’m saying she won by a high enough margin that the shenanigans made no difference.

10. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I’m not aware of any law. It’s just a podium.

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Bringing out Limbaugh and Hannity on the eve of the election shows just how out of touch Trump really is with the whole country. IMO there are decent Republicans out there, and while I may disagree with their positions, are just doing the job they were elected by their constituents to do. They're in an untenable position because Trump will steamroll them if they don't fall in line lockstep, as a result many are going to fall. Like Trump or hate him, he's made everything about himself, not the people and certainly not the party.

12. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I guess people did not get the memo.

This is #45's 2018 Reelection camPain!! (PUN)

13. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

You really think so? You think there was no discussion with super delagates? That somehow one of the most disliked politicians (to the point of losing to Donald Trump) fairly won against one of the most popular politicians in the primary? And I’m not even a Bernie bro. It just makes no sense.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

She won the popular vote in the primaries by 10 percentage points.

15. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

I was just curious. It seems odd.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2018 ---
    Yeah Limbaugh and Hannity are not the future.

16. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Indeed. Partially on the promise that she was the best and only candidate to beat Trump.

We know how that worked out.

17. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I'm tired of hearing Hillary rigged the election. Makes for a good soundbite, I'll give Limbaugh that.

She just flat out lost.

If she couldn't convince the American people to vote for her over some eccentric buffoonish trickster, then she didn't deserve to win.

18. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

These guys have no shame, at all. Just yesterday, I read a Hannity tweet saying he would not be appearing on stage with the president, instead merely doing an interview on site. No big deal.

Yet, there he was, on stage with the president - calling out "Fake News". It's no longer irony or misspeaking, Trump and many conservatives in office have adopted his policy of simply lying because it works. Conservatives who clearly voted against pre-existing conditions and trying to gut the ACA campaigning on something totally different.

Limbaugh has been a ****-stirrer for a long time, this is nothing new. I just knew that today we'd be hearing about Hillary. Rest assured, if liberals take control of the house, Trump will come up with all sorts of loony-bin crackpot conspiracy theories, only getting stiff competition from Hannity and Limbaugh. It will be a referendum on Hillary in some fashion, I'm sure... Conservatives stayed home to protest a race rigged by Hillary and the Chinese to target conservatives or some crap.

19. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

You’re saying that number is above corruption? Or I don’t know, the media collectively deciding to give close to no coverage of one of the most popular candidates in history.

Like when Americans get polled that 70%+ want something and then politicians do that exact opposite?

20. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Bernie Sanders was never really close to earning the nomination. Even giving him more than half of Hillary Clinton's superdelegates would not have been enough for him to earn the nomination. The evidence suggests that Russian meddling in the Democratic primaries was on behalf of Bernie, not Hillary.

21. eatrains macrumors 6502

She rigged it by... getting more votes?

She convinced more people than the buffoon did. Three million more.

22. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Perhaps the theory is that she colluded with Russian hackers to manipulate the vote-counting machinery, so those “more votes” she received in the primaries really belonged to Bernie and he rightly should have won because no sane person in their right mind would vote for that harpy. Or something like that.

23. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Hillary rigged the election to lose it with help from Russia who apparently were accused of helping Trump win??? Yeah ok lol.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

As an aside, does anybody find the appearance of a slate of Fox News personalities on stage at what is unquestionably a partisan political rally to be more than a little disturbing?

Can you imagine what the Republicans would have said if journalists from CBS News or CNN had appeared on stage to "congratulate" Barack Obama on winning an election or passing landmark legislation?

Do these Fox News jokers have absolutely no knowledge of the concept of journalistic conflict of interest and impartiality? Do they not care? Does the senior management at Fox News and its parent company not care?

And what will happen when, as will almost inevitably come to pass, Donald Trump is brought to grief. Impeached, imprisoned, or simply disgraced. Leaving office with the economy in tatters.

We can look forward to Sean Hannity, Steve Doocy et al going on the air as if nothing had happened? That they bear zero responsibility for the tragedy they brought on the country. And they are still qualified to offer "fair and balanced" commentary?

Fox News is, for now, the official propaganda channel for the Trump White House.

I doubt it can ever get its journalistic reputation back. And it was pretty shabby before.

25. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion (yes, I did vote for Bernie even though I thought we elected the wrong Clinton the first time).