Russia overstepping the mark yet again?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bandrews, Mar 5, 2018.

1. bandrews macrumors 6502a

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Russians acting in a brutish and ham-fisted way? Who'd thought?

4. samcraig macrumors P6

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Fake news. Putin has personally assured me he had nothing to do with it, and I believe him.

6. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Americans, British, Israelis have never used these sorts of tactics, and they would never use them again.:rolleyes:

I mean please, spare us the liberal moral outrage.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Getting sick of Russians but I still cheer the hell out of Evgeni Malkin.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The Israelis have assassinated Palestinians in other countries and have been widely criticised for it.

9. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Widely criticised is a far step from military buildup, or economic sanctions.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This assassination attempt hasn’t lead to that.

11. Tech198 macrumors G5

So history is kept as a "bad man" ?

Why doesn't the U.S be the ones who spy...yet when this always comes we hold grudges against Russia and China as the default sources, weather there is actual evidence or not.

12. bandrews thread starter macrumors 6502a

When it happens on your doorstep and you freak out, I'll remember that. My husband used to work in the hospital he's being treated in. I've eaten in the Zizzi restaurant they were in shortly before falling ill.

Meanwhile, Anna Chapman, who spied on the US for Russia (who was part of the exchange for Skripal), seems to be having a lovely time.

13. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Stop deluding yourself into thinking there are any good guys, there just aren't.

There are nations looking after their own self interests, and they do, or say, whatever is necessary.

Liberal do gooders have no trouble killing and using force, economic or military, either overtly, or covertly to get what they want.

What they feel is in their interests.

Russia is no more evil than any other nation, as so long as people turn a blind eye to the abuses of power within their own governments, then it's really hard to start casting stones.

14. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

No, but it’s happening anyway while the words of war are coming from every media source in the country...

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry. We aren’t assassinating retired Russian spies. So in that regard we are the good guys.

16. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

How do you know who we are and are not assassinating?

Do you have some top secret clearance I'm unaware of?

Don't be naive, or at least don't expect everyone else to be. The British government engages in assassination, the US government engages in assassination.

Our governments play the national security card to the media when the media gets wind of it and is thinking of running a story about it.

If the media didn't tell us of this Russian assassination, how would we know about it?

We're not the good guys in this story, their aren't any.

Russia is being shut out of a level economic playing field, they are being singled out as the bad guy by a western world that wants to maintain it's economic, political, and military advantage.

Is Putin a good guy, no, is Putin's government good actors, no. They want to maintain their power, grow thier power, mantain control over thier people and their government money spicket.

Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me that our politicians are any different.

Putin is popular among enough of his people to stay in power, in a lot of ways he is a reflection of failed western world policy as it pertains to Russia .

The Russian people see us in our hypocrisy, China, the Saudis, Russia is no worse than they are, if you ask me they are far worse. Russia is a more developed democracy than either. Still has a long way to go, but they are only a few decades in, and we are not helping matters.

The more sanctions we put on them, the more we hurt the Russian people, the further to the Right they turn in thier politics, the more we see leaders like Putin.

17. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I'm curious why Russia uses such unconventional means to kill their traitors. Why don't they just kill them in the usual, common ways? All your turncoat spies being shot, car bombed, "disappeared", or whatever still gets the message across just fine.

It's like Putin thinks he is some sort of James Bond super-villain that has to use exotic methods of death delivery... I could just shoot you, but no, I'll split you in half with a laser.

18. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

I know exactly how you feel. Litvinenko was treated and died in our local hospital. There were clusters of radiation being found all over the place near where I work.

Big hug from me.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2018 ---
    They do that too. Many many anti-Putin Russians, both in Russia and exiled, have been mysteriously murdered in the street, fallen down stairs or even out of windows, been run over by cars etc.

Putin and the cabal around him are mafia style arseholes. Exactly why their having so much leverage over the money-launderer-in-chief in Washington is so dangerous for the entire world.

19. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Wow. What should we say then. Good job, Vladimir. Right on a park bench! Not too shabby!

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I take in then, you work for Putin? I always suspected... ;)

Where's your outrage that a police officer was hospitalised as well as a consequence of this attack?

Finally, I am sure that, in addition to drone attacks and bombing people, that the US conducts covert assassinations. The reason why you don't hear about them is that (1) they are conducted competently, for the most part and (2) they are not used as a public deterrent to suppress dissent.

Yet.

21. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Executive Order 11905 and 12036. We no long assassinate, but execute (semantics:p) via drone strikes ...and we kill their kids too. The last thing we don't want to create a bunch of Inigo Montoya's.

22. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Don't forget the monstrous policy of "double tap", killing anyone who assists in treating the wounded. America, apparently not "evil" enough to assassinate, but still somehow capable of wanton killing of innocent people all around the world.

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Reference that this is a policy?

24. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat