Russia supplying Taliban with weapons

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 23, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I love Irony, it's OK when WE do it http://www.businessinsider.com/reagan-freedom-fighters-taliban-foreign-policy-2013-2
    but breaks international law when others give play the way we treat others.

we are going to end up as broke as Russia did because people in the U.S are far too stupid to see past what the news and "leader's" here tell us.:(

2. HEK, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Of course Russia supplies weapons. As does the Unite States. Who do you think has the weapons industries.

taliban and ISIS don't have their own weapons industries. They have to get em from those that make em. Dah!!!

And you don't actually think those weapons industries will turn down a sale. Geez, the one rule that supercedes all other rules.....greed is king, regardless of consequences.

You may have to go through third or fourth parties to surcomvent those pesky laws. But a sale is a sale. Look at Kushner and deal for arms made with Saudies. It's all about the profits.

Remember the rich are never so rich that they don't want more, more, more. And might be good PR as might even increase jobs.

Look at it this way, Russians living up to best traditions of capitalism. We won them over, just as greedy to make a buck as we in US. A real win.

3. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I bet you a big chunk of Toyota's annual revenue comes from Jihadist pick-up trucks. Possibly more profitable than weapons.

4. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Convoys of brand new Hilux(Thanks EPA for blocking the US from getting them) Technicals would say that Toyota is getting the money from someone.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Here is a case where irony really applies if an accurate report. :oops:

7. HEK Suspended

HEK

Get the optional 20mm mount in the bed.

8. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Oh what a feeling!

toyotas.jpg

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

reap what we sow, we interfered with elections so we get the same, we arm rebels that made Russia broke so they do the same............

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Needs more Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp
    [​IMG]
    then during the BDA we can get some serial numbers off the wreckage and track the purchases.

11. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Yup, ironic as hell. IIRC, the Taliban was born because of Soviet occupation of Afghanistan (although technically, the USSR installed Kremlin-friendly Afghan dictators).

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Speaking of burps, the Trump Administration Debacle wants to cut the State Department budget by 1/3. Some military person, I assume flag rank was quoted in today's Bremer hearing as saying, (paraphrased) "less effective diplomacy means needing more bullets." With Trump in charge, I predict overtime for bullet makers. I hope not. :oops:

13. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

That was actually bin Laden's end game all along, but we only believe things that are told to us through explosions.

14. HEK Suspended

HEK

I see your bullet and raise you one 30mm depleated uranium round.

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Read the news anytime after the passing of the ironically named PATRIOT Act and you can see we lost. Want to see it in person go to the 9/11 Memorial, cameras every 10 feet.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we keep losing, near 20 trillion in debt already just waging endless war.

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Hey, let's raise taxes!... now listen for the collective scream and thump of the GOP swooning. What, you expect us to pay our bills? Hey we have a great idea: cut school lunches and health care subsidies for poor people and their children so we can feed our favorite welfare recipient, the military industrial complex. :oops:

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Their ammo plant

Vs ours

\

They shoot at us with 10 cent ammo, we drop $50k bombs.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how about we GTFO of the M-E instead of raising taxes?

20. HEK Suspended

HEK

That's hardly an ammo plant. That's final assembly only. They don't make the casings, bullets or primers.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You get the gist of what I meant, I hope. I don't have an ammo plant either but with my progressive press I can pump out a few hundred rounds an hour.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm open to that and to paying our bills.

23. HEK, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Leave? You aren't serious! Let people settle their own petty quables. Let one tribe fight another without our aid and stabilization programs. How could we hide stealing......err I mean loosing hundreds of millions of dollars in aid.

Besides, without developed nations to help they wouldn't be able to kill each other fast enough.

24. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Ya'll seem to be agreeing to consensus in this thread (both political right and left-leaning). That's quite abnormal for a PRSI thread, so…… STOP IT! :mad:

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Actually, I think the second hand market is where those come from. Really a testament to the little Toyata's trucks resilience for still running in the desert after 20 years or so.