Russian hackers reportedly discussed how to steal Clinton's emails & transfer them to Michael Flynn

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 29, 2017.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

If someone hadn't grabbed the DNC/Hillary emails, I would've never known what awful corrupted lying crooks they are.

2. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

That's not what the article says.
    It says the connection was inferred or assumed.
    Names were dropped, but there is not physical evidence linking Flynn to any of them.
    And since CNN is one of the cited sources of the compiled data, I'll give this the usual side eye of skepticism.
    And for the last time, no one hacked Podesta's emails. He was phished and got hooked.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No need to shoot the messenger - I copy/pasted the headline of the article and linked it here for people to read. I honestly have no opinion on this as of yet because there's not much there.

4. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Sorry. Wasn't an attempt to do so. Just clarify.

I dug into the WSJ article it referenced and it was pretty much hearsay. Still waiting for hard evidence, not he said, she said or anonymous sources says.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Phishing scams are just an easy way to get hacked. Why do the heavy lifting if the door is opened for you. Still Podesta was dumb as bricks to fall for it.

6. jerwin macrumors 65816

Would you like to see the RNC emails?

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

DNC, RNC...they are all politicians that need watching by us. I don't care who gets compromised, but the people are all better served by being informed.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I think if we accept that - then there should be no issue with Flynn's leaked document.

The only difference being - while exposure of corruption is important - I will never agree that a foreign country hacking ours is acceptable. Whatever the outcome is - THAT is not acceptable.

9. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Fair enough. But since the DNC's , which is a party btw, info was disclosed do you ignore what it reveals? It sounds like that's what you want to do

10. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Maybe you should have until there was anything before you started a thread, no?

For someone who claims to not watch cnn you operate like them. ;)

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

There's not much that has been verified or revealed yet. That's why I haven't formed an opinion on the story as reported. However - if true, then it's not looking good for the GOP. But I think we know now to wait to see what develops. As far starting a thread - it's sharing news so we can all discuss it.

Thanks for the "dig" about CNN. I'm not a news outlet. Opening up a dialogue isn't operating like a news outlet pushing out a story.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 30, 2017 ---
    No. I think once it's out there - then it's out there. You can't put the genie back into the lamp. Pandora's box and all.

However - one of the things I absolutely despise about Trump is that he a) pretty much asked for the hacking during the election and b) when all intelligence pointed to the fact that the US was hacked (DNC or otherwise) - he was until almost hours ago - calling it a hoax, etc. That's not at all acceptable on many levels.

As much as I don't like him or his politics - I would have profound respect for the man if on day one of learning about the intelligence addressed it head on and said he was going to get to the bottom of it because our Democracy demands it - even if it means that my win was affected. Because the country comes first. Something along that line. And no - I can't guarantee that if Hillary won she would state the same. Or anyone. But Trump's handling of this is why "Russia" is and has been pervading the news cycles. And as I've maintained - it will haunt his entire presidency. That's karma.

12. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Since it's out there, what do you think ought to be done about the information particularly with respect to the DNC?

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Is nothing being done? If anything they did were deemed illegal - then I would think appropriate legal actions would be taken. Has not some of that happened already?

I think some of the challenge might be is that there is illegal and inappropriate. One is objective and the other subjective. One can be prosecuted - the other can't.

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

They should have asked the former house IT staffers that worked for Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

15. Gutwrench, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017

Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

That's the way it appears. The collusion between CNN and the Democratic Party and the Clinton campaign is disgusting. I imagine some loyal Democrats have a profound mistrust for their party at the moment. I would think the left would want to shore up that mistrust (And actually develop an idea logical platform.)

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Are you referring to giving Clinton some questions ahead of time? Inappropriate - but to me - not very significant. To me. Personally. None of the questions in the debate were from left field or surprises. I don't really think the question or two she had ahead of time had any impact. It was also not illegal as far as I know/understand.

But perhaps you're referring to something else. I am sincere when I say I have moved passed the election and all the chaos involved. For everyone (all sides) it was a horrible campaign/election cycle. I am focused on the here/now/future. That's not to dismiss past transgressions. That's just me saying that the details of everything that went down are deeper in my "files" than the current stuff.

17. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

You don't remember more than that? DNC, Clinton, Sanders? I hope the party leadership does.

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Again I'll put it out there - is what they did ILLEGAL or just INAPPROPRIATE? Was there an ETHICS issue or a LEGAL issue?

I am not justifying actions - I am asking you what actions could or should be taken?

19. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

its ok, I'll see if someone else replies to my question.

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

How about you answer mine?

What was illegal vs inappropriate?

21. Gutwrench, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017

Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

If you don't have the courtesy to answer my question that started our dialogue then unfortunately we don't have a conversation.

But you even acknowledged the question you're asking by saying 'it's out there, the genie can't be put back in the bottle.'

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I answered your question. You aren't answering mine. So I guess you're right - we can't have a conversation.

23. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Agreed. Take care.

Recapping - In light of the DNC-Clinton campaign is the DNC doing anything to help fix any mistrust?

24. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

[​IMG]

"Shoot zem. Shoot zem both."