Russian Opposition Leader Assassinated in Moscow

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ucfgrad93, Feb 27, 2015.

1. k995 macrumors 6502a

Didn't the tsars rule for 400 years? They basically made russia into what it was/is.

Actually it was because the west largely ignored russia, and stalin want influence, so he sought and found it with nazi germany. It didn't matter who or what they were. They decided up the world.

And to the USSR they were tools, to be used in the millions . Didn't matter if they lived or died as long as they served a purpose.

Both ideologies are despicable.

Again the general consensus what democracy was and should be was even then quite different even in those western european states then what we consider it to be now.
    Its seem somehow you want to justify the occupation of eastern europe. It wasn't, what the sovjets and mainly russians did was just as bad as those regimes before.

2. kds1, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015

kds1 Suspended

kds1

That doesn't change the fact that it's ugly. Worse even than German.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

All the Russians and Germans I know detest their own languages.

4. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I'm not sure if you know but in the years just after WWII, to the middle 1980's, most countries of western mainland Europe had a communist party, which sat in the parliaments.

5. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Thank God the Norman French ruled England for 300yrs.

6. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Your problem with languages might stem from the fact that the Americans don't have their own language, they just misuse another Country's language, namely English.:p

7. k995 macrumors 6502a

And some are now returning, so?

8. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Nothing I was not sure that you were aware, I do know that some Americans think that Communism was an ideology that was alway forced on to the population.

9. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Мно́го шу́ма из ничего́. Translation "much ado about nothing" definitely a ugly language your Russian.

10. kds1, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015

kds1 Suspended

kds1

No country in the Americas have "their own language", except native Americans. And for that matter, Australia and New Zealand as well (once again, except the Aboriginies and the Maoris).

And by the way, even the venerated OED recommends American spellings over British, as the preferred spelling of some words.

11. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Yeah, I did know that.