Russian Skinheads Use Social Media To Lure And Torture LGBT Teens

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mentaluproar, Jul 26, 2013.

1. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

This is what happens with a grossly misinformed populace.

Original article (with horrible video): http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2013/07/report-russian-skinheads-use-social.html

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's reprehensible.

Human beings, doing reprehensible things since 50,000 B.C.

3. rovex macrumors 65816

Who are you referring to when you say a grossly misinformed populace? I certainly hope you don't mean russians.

Russia is a conservative place and i'm sure homosexeuels are having a rough ride, but that shouldn't be a surpise to anyone. The problem i have is that it seems as though the slightest human rights abuse in russia manages to make an appearance on everything single mainstream channel in the US but war crimes such as those in libya and syria commited by the west never get reported as they should.

4. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

This isn't an either-or issue. The majority of Russians think of homosexuals as pedophiles, rapists, dangerous deviants, etc. The anti-propaganda law created to "defend children" effectively criminalizes anyone speaking out and defending themselves with simple information. The population sees gays as a threat and these recent laws were purposely designed to create a lynch mob.

What we are seeing here are people turned against each other for no practical reason. People are being hurt, and this torture is celebrated.

5. rovex macrumors 65816

You're missing the fact that LGBT lobby groups try and have influenced government policy. Same applies to Human rights entities funded by the west with a skewed agenda towards countries like Russia but rule out the possibility of war crimes by those same countries pouring money into them. But that's just symbolic of the lengths these states will go to keep the public on a leash while they're busy finding new ways to justify covert warfare, leaving thousands killed.

6. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Are you trying to link LGBT lobby groups to war crimes?

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Might sound harsh ........but someone needs to rape these skinhead bullies over and over until all their macho pride is depleted from their souls.

8. rovex macrumors 65816

I said LGBT lobbies are funded by the west. That's not to say putin isn't pandering to reactionaries out there voting for him but the fact remains human rights and LGBT entities are largely corrupt.

9. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I'm willing to accept that corruption exists within these groups not due to their purpose, but their large numbers. Not all LGBT rights groups are funded by the west, either. Those in Russia are fighting their own fight, and losing badly. People are being silenced and it is the ignorance of people like you that allows this.

LGBT rights is not a western issue. It is a human issue. Attacks on homosexuals occur nowhere else in the animal kingdom, well, at least none related to sexuality.

10. rovex macrumors 65816

They're fighting a fight that doesn't concern you nor me that's right. So why then are you breaking a leg to get us this piece of news and then say it's a matter for them and those affected?

Just thought I'd let you know since you seem so concerned for the wellbeing of minorities, the US and allies have pitted Muslims against Muslims and more significantly against white people for more than a decade and no one says a peep. Don't tell me what I don't know I know exactly what's happening I'd recommend you start paying attention to how your own government operates before pointing the finger at other people.

11. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

First, their plight does concern me on a few levels. One, torturing anyone is abhorrent, so why is it acceptable to do this to LGBT individuals? Two, as a gay man, I can empathize with oppressed gay kids.

Second, I'm hardly "breaking a leg" to post a link on an online forum in an attempt to have a discussion about a social issue I find important.

Again, I am not exactly thrilled with how my country demonizes Muslims. I know what it has done and do not find that acceptable either. Do I need to find an article about gay muslim teenagers being brutalized to make a point?

I'm not saying "pay attention to the gays and nothing else." I'm discussing one issue. You are trying to dilute it. There is nothing wrong with outrage over human suffering. Apathy toward it is a problem.

12. rovex macrumors 65816

I'm highlighting the ridiculous obsession with the internal affairs of another country when more focus should be paid on the US. You can feel sympathy all you like but that doesn't change the fact it's an issue for the Russian people to decide.

You don't need to fetch any article of Gay Muslims there's enough vids out there of Christians and apostates getting their heads cut off thanks to western interference. Shouldn't that be more of a pressing concern than gay rights in Russia?

I'm not "diluting" anything it's a mere truth the almost pathological focus on certain areas in countries which we have no business in. human suffering to gays doesn't even stand close to the killing of thousands and the point is western propaganda is making everyone lose sight on how we need to respond against states as everyone's rights are trampled on.

13. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

That majority is being lead to erase a minority. Why can't I be concerned with multiple things at the same time?

You are diluting the discussion. You are purposely taking this off topic. There is no need for a competition between the influence of western culture and LGBT rights.

14. rovex macrumors 65816

This thread is propaganda fuelled by western media, that's why.

You're making an internal affair into a broader issue. Gay rights in russia is a matter for the russian people, the sooner you understand that the better. You're "diluting" real discussions and real debates on matters relating to everyone, minorities included.

15. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I don't feel I am interfering with other discussions by creating a thread unrelated to them. If you do not with to discuss the issue at hand, perhaps you should pay attention some other threads.

16. rovex macrumors 65816

But this thread is propaganda your opening sentence:

Russians are by no means misinformed, that's a common misconception and ridiculous assertion. It is in fact the american public that cave into mainstream press who are utterly clueless. They know lgbt lobbies try and influence government policy it's a fact, and one reason why the bill was passed.

I'm discussing the issue but clearly we need clarity for it to happen.

17. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

The Russian majority actually believe homosexuals are a threat thanks to Putin and his cronies. Russian law dictates anything in the contrary is homosexual propaganda, hence my assertion the populace is misinformed.

And what is wrong with lobbying for gay rights? How does that hurt anybody? How else are going to defend ourselves from the exact thing going on there?

18. rovex macrumors 65816

And what is wrong with lobbying for gay rights? How does that hurt anybody? How else are going to defend ourselves from the exact thing going on there?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that. You're saying the majority of russian believe homosexeuels are a threat? Well, as far as Christians are concerned maybe but for the rest they know corrupted lobbies try and push they're own agendas and this doesn't stop at lgbt ones but extends to financial institutions and as we know the imprisonment of oligarchs. It has a lot to do with transparency and to some degree bigoted ideas along party principles.

Western funding of lobbies, regardless of what they represent is of course an issue do you think Obama is acting in the interests of ordinary americans or personnel from the military complex and israeli lobbies? Politicians in russia run the country, the same just cannot be said for the US. If they did, you might not be having constant warfare in the middle east and elsewhere.

19. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

So treating gay teens this way is acceptable because some ebil lobytis are against it?

20. rovex macrumors 65816

Because corrupt lobbyists care about gay rights or more likely the people who's bankrolling them?

I don't think it's acceptable, just like i agree with the clamp down of these groups. I guess the only way is for gays to mobilise to get their point across if the people they thought represented them turn out to be dishonest crooks.

21. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This entire line of argument is a red herring.

Regardless of Syria (Russian arms companies get to profit from that debacle, BTW) or the relative corruption of various "entities" someone in Russia is using social media to stalk and assault LGBT teens.

And, that's wrong.

23. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Pretty clean cut.

Source of lobbyist money is largely meaningless on this issue.

The Russian government needs to make it clear that targeted political/zealot/fanatic/prejudicial violence against people guilty of nothing but breathing is not acceptable.

Mind you, I'm not a huge fan of the gay lobby by any means, but I dont buy this "Leave mother Russia to handle these troubles" mindset either

24. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Kids are being bullied and tortured and you guys are discussing politics... that says a lot.

25. rovex, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013

rovex macrumors 65816

As far as i know putin got re-elected with a healthy majority so you can stick that pic up your.. :D

It really isn't when you consider the lengths MSM will go to get a story in russia and keep the 'russia is corrupt' line going. Obviously, i don't condone the actions against gays but it's largely a non-issue for people outside russia.

Simple as that.

Being familiar with france, i can tell you that country is extremely fascist if not racist with attacks against muslims and even gays weekly business. Why does no one bother to report any of that outside of france? You already know the answer, it's none of our business but also doesn't fit with the demonisation process that's been applied to russia and iran.