Russian's black market sells IP5 for $1200 USD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuti, Oct 31, 2012.

1. cuti, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012

cuti macrumors member

Just sold my brand new IP5 16GB for $800 on CL, I was curious to ask the buyer why willing to pay for higher retail price ? the answer is the tittle of this thread

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That still doesn't explain why he didn't just get it cheaper at retail price.

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

sold out at retail stores? Most Apple/other stores arent allowing off contract devicves now as well. Maybe the guy is from russia and has no ssn etc and its less of a hassle to buy it from a graymarket such as cl.
    I'm sure if the option was available he would be buying it from them.

4. cuti thread starter macrumors member

The buyer is 1 of connection of BM in Russia (i just guess), they makes $400 profit for each IP5 sell it to buyers there

5. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

the iphone 5 is $850 + tax (so around $950 here in California) retail for 64 gig. So the buyer actually got it less than retail. Why did you sell it so cheap?

6. cuti thread starter macrumors member

Your reply is similar to Iphone SIRI... this is why the Robots never can replace humans, it lacks of common sense in it

7. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

huh. I dont get it. why did you sell it less than retail. Because robots made you do it? or because Siri told you too.... IS that what you meant?

Ok I read your edited post, now its 16 gig. I understand... So in other words robots made you do it. Now I get it lol

8. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

Currently at Bulgaria they cost around $1200, but couple of days ago they was $1500. After week or so they will drop at $900 for the cheapest *if we are lucky* (and no more at least for the next year or so) only if Mtel and Globul offer them officialy.

That's life... take it or leave it! :)