s/d we have a spot for ppl to sell their photos?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Keebler, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Ok. So I'm not the world's best photographer - I'm learning and trying. I need to get out shooting more often.

But I LOVE checking out the photos of the day etc.. Some fantastic photos out there.

I was wondering/thinking that MR should have some sort of a 'photo of the day' store' where ppl could dload other ppl's photos for wallpaper etc.. There could be a split between MR and the owner for every dload.

I have no idea if the scope of this idea is ridiculous, but all i know, is I think I would buy some snaps to use as wallpaper...heck, maybe even print a few.

Of course, there should be some way to copyright protect the photos out of respect for the original photographer.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
    Keebler

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Seems like a lot of hassle for little benefit. Is it economically feasible to do? Is there even interest for one? Would people part with their money for simple wallpapers when there are multiple free sources for that?

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I believe one of the photo sites...Shutterfly? Does this. What needs to be done is Shutterfly needs to create an affiliate store program where communities like this could go and sell their photos. It would provide additional web presence and branding for Macrumors and get SF additional business to boot.

Free business plan idea for Shutterfly.