s/m cloud sports band falls out of Edition 42mm

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pesos, Sep 25, 2016.

1. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

Finally got around to pulling the smaller band out of the box and trying it out. When I put it in, there was no click and I realized it could easily just slide right out. No matter what I do it won't click in.

So I got my s0 aluminum and pulled the black band off it. The s/m cloud band DOES click into the s0... And the black sports band DOES click into the ceramic (although the clicks with all bands are far more noticeable with the aluminum - not sure if this is normal with the ceramic).

So there is something about the combo of the shorter cloud band and the ceramic watch that is preventing a good lock. Hopefully it's just a matter of getting the band replaced but it concerns me for the long term. Reversing the top and bottom band doesn't help - doesn't lock in on the top either.

Annoying!

2. BaddAdvice macrumors member

BaddAdvice

What happens if you keep the band release button pushed in a bit when you're sliding the band in? I have to do that with my pearl nylon band, for some reason. Keeping the release depressed while I jimmy the band in generally works, most of the time. Sort of.

3. pesos thread starter macrumors 6502a

pesos

No dice. After doing some more swapping around it's looking like the band is imperfect and the ceramic watch has less tolerance than the other materials for imperfection.

Trying to get it replaced has been a friggin nightmare. First went to the store which was useless because the genius bar is ridiculously backed up and no one else can do a thing about it (of course there's no stock on cloud bands or editions in general). So I tried chat support. The rep was friendly and responsive (and continues to be via email) but for whatever reason was not able to do anything with this repair so he had to arrange for another rep to call me the next day.

Next guy called late afternoon today and was super clueless - put me on hold a ton of times and had to keep asking someone else what to do. Supposedly finally (after another call and well over 2 hours later) he set up the replacement but then said he couldn't' finalize it and I'd have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours for an "admin" to call me and finalize everything.

Just now (about 8 hours later) I get an email saying my repair has been cancelled! Ugh. So I called in via their repair website and (of course) got improperly routed to a non-technical department automatically - got put on hold for another 20 minutes and then sent to tech support where I get another person who can't really find any real info in the system and is just guessing that this was a wrong repair put in the system that is separate from my "replacement" which should still be happening.

The amount of cluelessness, wasted time, and left hand not knowing what the right is doing is appalling given the amount of money spent on this thing.

4. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Sorry about all your trouble. Thankfully my S/M cloud band seems to be working just fine, but I understand your frustration. You should check out the thread on here for the guy that got his AC cancelled on his 1st Gen AW. It's been a huge mess. It seems AC has no idea what they are doing when it comes to AWs.