S2 Hermès Deployment buckle availability

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vince730, Sep 29, 2016.

1. vince730 macrumors member

Wondering if anyone has been successful in ordering the Apple Watch Hermès S2 42mm watch with the deployment buckle? I have an S0 Hermès AW but am very intrigued by the new band.

I've been checking the Apple website almost every day since the keynote and have never found it to be available - maddening when all the other H watches seem to be obtainable albeit not till December now. At one point, even the Hermès website removed all traces of Apple Watch advertising - and when it came back, this model was nowhere to be found. Unless it managed to completely sell out in the ~10 minutes I spent placing my iPhone 7+ preorder, I can't figure out if/when it was ever available. Beginning to think it's more of a unicorn than the JB iPhone 7 series.

2. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I've been watching this from day 1 and it hasn't been available at all. I may trade in my Ceramic edition and just get the fauve barenia 42mm instead.

3. vince730 thread starter macrumors member

Visited the Apple Store to attempt to place a preorder and had an employee confirm that availability would be "late October" to order this model. For what it's worth. At least I have something to go off of now, and something to reference in a complaint if by October 31st I'm still unable to place an order.

4. IMEX1PCT macrumors member

IMEX1PCT

a little ot but i wanted to thank you for posting this.

i also noticed Hermes pulled all indications of Apple Hermes Series 2 from their website since last week.

Reading your post(thank you for posting!) it was clear the Apple Hermes was back on their site.

I iust ordered a watch from their website.

Also had a preorder from Apple; hoping Hermes will fulfill order sooner!

May I also mention: I prefer Hermes product presentation better; you know - that iconic Hermes orange shopping bag!

5. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

The twist in the clasp that allows you to tighten or loosen the fit, its purpose is to give an adjustment in-between holes? If yes, that's wonderful, with so many other straps I always feel my best fit is in-between holes.

Maybe with time, the band will be sold separately??