S3 Can’t seem to connect to WiFi

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lordofthereef, Oct 8, 2017.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

To start, I’ve had a s2 for a year and my wife had a s0 since launch, so we aren’t brand new to Apple Watch.

I’ve had a series three Nike plus since its launch and I can’t seem to ge it to connect to WiFi. It just doesn’t connect. I’ve tried toggling Bluetooth, forgetting WiFi onchebiphone and renanking, rebooting, nothing seems to fix it.

Pretty minor thing since it’s the LTE model, but I imagine WiFi will save battery (or maybe not?) in the long run. That and it would be nice to have WiFi in places that may have spotty reception.

I guess I’m trying to rule out user error or a faulty device.

2. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing? Are you trying to connect to a WiFi network that the phone has connected to before?

3. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

I had a similar issue this morning with my new Nike+ Series 3. I tweak around a few things to made it work.

Few things to check before:
    1. We just recently upgraded to dual bands WiFi router, which offers 2.4ghz and 5ghz, Apple Watch can only connect to the 2.4ghz.
    2. Update to the latest firmware on your Series 3(4.0.1 for LTE model)
    3. Make sure connect to the 2.4ghz One first on your phone, and go into the “I” icon to make sure Auto-join is on.
    4. Turn on Bluetooth to reconnect your watch and play around in the setting for a while, just to make sure the watch recognize the setting.
    5. Turn off Bluetooth to test and see if it works.

You might’ve already tied them all, I hope this might be helpful to some.

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

AW will connect to iphone first until iphone BT is turned off completely.

5. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yeah. That wasn’t the problem. I know this because I was too far Bluetooth range (opposite ends and levels of the house) and tbwas disconnected.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 8, 2017 ---
    Yes and yes.

6. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

In that far corner maybe there is no bt and no wifi

7. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Definitely no Bluetooth. I hadn’t tested the 2.4ghz WiFi. I know my phone connects fine but it’s likely the 5ghz.

That said I couldn’t get it to connect to the 2.4ghz anywhere when I tried via forgetting networks and toggling things. I’ll try again when I’m home tonight.