Sacramento, CA - Arden Fair Apple Store.

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by macnerd77, Jun 19, 2010.

1. macnerd77 macrumors regular

macnerd77

Is anyone going to be camping out? Myself and a few friends will be there. We will be playing poker and other games on our card table. :)
    If your at Arden come by and say hi.

2. purplestingers macrumors newbie

No, I won't be camping out

Hi, I will not be camping out, however I am disabled and wonder if their nwill be a (special Line) for people that have disabled (PLACARDS). Also, does anyone know how long the pre reservation lines will be and how fast they will move, base on like (person #43) who is in line? Also, my reservation says 7 am, but could there be like a 1000 customers in the reservation line at 7 am? I'm just trying to get a (CLEAR UNDERSTANDING) of how long I will be in line because of my disability. Please let me know from past experiance.

thanks, purplestigers:apple:

3. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

I have 2 iphones on reserve and will probably be showing up a little before the mall opens to try and figure out where the lines are.

4. kozlosap macrumors member

I'm going to do a "drive-by" at about 3:30 and if the line is substantial, then I'll drag my sweatshirt, gloves and folding lawnchair out and join it! The Weather Channel says it will be cooler starting on Thursday - it figures! I'm not a youngster either, but I've always met nice people in long lines (except at the Vatican, LOL!), so I'm not totally dreading it. I just hope I'm outa Apple by noon so I can pick up my daughter at the airport!:eek:

5. macnerd77 thread starter macrumors regular

macnerd77

Spoke with the apple store today. They will have 2 lines one for reservations and one for non reservations. I asked about disabled people. The rule is you must wait in the line. But they said they would be more than happy to help you any way they could. The mall is not going to let us line up until like 5am. In the past when apple opens the doors the lines are fairly long. I have seen them stretch all the way from the apple store down towards Macy's. I'd say at 7am there will be at least 50 non reservation people in line and more than that in the reservation line. I cant really speculate how fast the line will move since the farthest back i have ever been in line was 8. My suggestion would be to have someone wait in line for you and then when the store is about to open go meet up with them. Good luck. Lets us know how it went. :)
    :apple::apple: