Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Safari 14 not available on HS. Which browser are you going to switch to?

Which browser are you going to switch to?

• Microsoft Edge

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Brave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Staying on Safari 13

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Other browser (post in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ian87w

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
The day is here. Safari 14 is not available for High Sierra, marking its EOL with Apple only supporting Mojave and newer.

So which browser are you guys going to switch to? The browser imo has become the most important piece of software since it's the main vector for many attacks, so having a fully patched and secure browser is critical.

I personally putting my vote for Microsoft Edge. I've been using it on my Windows machine and Android phone as the primary browser, and I'm really liking it. Performance is great as well. What browser are you guys going to use?

Madhatter32

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2020
Firefox has been great for me since forever. I'll just simply stop using Safari (which I only use only occasionally anyway) if security becomes a concern.

Reactions: phillytim

ian87w

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Interesting to see Firefox fans. I personally have not been using Firefox for a looong time. I wonder how it performs now compared to the modern webkit/chromium browsers.

phillytim

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Another Firefox fan here; sync, containers, Facebook container(!), dns-over-https, enhanced tracking protection, etc. - I have the unbeatable Firefox installed on everything!

Firefox is a much better choice for security than any of those closed-source, Chrome-based browsers, by far.

It's FREE - stop wondering, and go get it for comparison testing!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.