Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WirelessInn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
New Mexico
Still new to the mac environment - trying to deal with a few rather bothersome limitations (besides the difficulty to quickly produce screen prints!!)
I am aware that on can erase the whole listing (reset, etc...) in Safari, but I only wish to delete certain items and keep many others which I'll get back to soon.
Thanks for the help!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
(besides the difficulty to quickly produce screen prints!!)

Apple-Shift-3 --> Picture#.png appears on the Desktop. That's pretty fast. :)
Apple-Shift-4 --> Cosshairs appear so you can draw a box around what you want a snapshot of, Picture#.png appears on the Desktop. Also pretty fast!

Sorry, I don't know of a 3rd party app that will allow you to do this.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
Still new to the mac environment - trying to deal with a few rather bothersome limitations (besides the difficulty to quickly produce screen prints!!)
I am aware that on can erase the whole listing (reset, etc...) in Safari, but I only wish to delete certain items and keep many others which I'll get back to soon.
Thanks for the help!

yeah and just to add to wirelessinn, if you do the apple-shift-4, and then press space after the crosshairs come up, you will get a camera icon that you can use to take a pic of just certain windows. and what CERTAIN ITEMS do you need to delete ;)

sndcj1

macrumors member
May 22, 2007
Chicago
I don't have safari in front of me, but I think you should be able to hit the bookmarks button (the thing that looks like an open book) and the history is in there as a sub-folder. You can edit from there.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I don't have safari in front of me, but I think you should be able to hit the bookmarks button (the thing that looks like an open book) and the history is in there as a sub-folder. You can edit from there.

Excellent call. That does indeed work.

Attachments

• BookmarksButton.jpg
    BookmarksButton.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 293
  • BookmarksHistory.jpg
    BookmarksHistory.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 278

WirelessInn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
New Mexico
Safari 3.0.2: how to erase/delete ONLY certain items in the History list?

Thanks a lot, folks. I just coulda looked around better! Actually, I had spotted the HISTORY folder amongst the BOOKMARKS listing nce - could not remember anymore. Just a part of my response to the idiosynchracies of adopting the Mac system into my Win network and ways.

The screen print files do appear quickly on the desktop - fair enough - but as PNG files: any way to have them appear as jpg by default?

I also have been grappling with Pages (a iWork module) as well as TextEdit to see about decent word processing. Neither one worth much. As to MS Office's WORD, probably better - I have not purchased it yet from the demo.

Will have to install BootCamp and Win to inevitably stay in touch with some Win apps and docs, as well as communicate better with the other Win equipment on my commercial/office network. Also, I am looking around to maka sure that BootCamp/Windows will handle MS Flight Sim X - only game I favor. I do realize that Parallels/Win combination does not handle graphics well.

Thanks again for all the input/advice!

- Roger T
New MacBookPro - 2.4gh - 2bg mem - 160gb 7200rpm HD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.