Safari 3.0 Beta is more stable than Safari 2.0 Gamma

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iMacZealot, Oct 20, 2007.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I had to do an Archive and Install last weekend, and I've been installing all the updates (such as the massive Combo update to go from 10.4.0 to 10.4.10.)

However, Safari doesn't seem to be updating, so I'm still using 2.0 (as has been the case for the last week). It is far less stable than the 3.0 Beta that I've been using since August. Oh my God, it isn't even close...

Just thought I'd share.

2. ASTRX macrumors newbie

Really?
    I didn't use 2.0 that much, since i upgraded to 3.0b as soon as i got my macbook in july, but the 3.0b doesn't feel stable at all. It crashes numerous times every day and locks up from time to time.
    If what you're saying is true, I dont even wanna think about how unstable 2.0 is...

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I never used 2.0 that much, but since switching from Camino to Safari 3.0 Beta, It's unbelievably unstable in comparison. It crashes at least once a day.

4. klb028 macrumors 6502

I have heard a lot of the same problems that ASTRX talked about in his reply. It's crashed on every one of my friends who have installed it. I can't wait for the bugs to be gone, though!

5. Jookbox macrumors 6502

i never really hated safari, but if you're a web developer there are some really important firefox extensions that are hard to live without.

6. ASTRX macrumors newbie

Very true. Firebug is one of the few reasons i still have Firefox installed.
    Safaris Debug-menu just doesn't cut it with its javascript and DOM inspector.

Safari 3 is one of the reasons i want to switch to Leopard as soon as possible, even if it will be made available for Tiger-users soon too.

7. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

No, I'm talking about 2.0.0.0.0...0. Not 2.0.2 or whatever is the most current release of Safari 2. I will agree that 2.0.2 is more stable than 3.0b, but 2.0 is less stable than 3.0b.