Safari 4 Beta: How do I *keep* sites I add to Top Sites from disappearing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by omgwut, Feb 28, 2009.

1. omgwut macrumors 6502

Hey,

I know how to manually add my favorite pages to Top Sites already, and I know about the 'pin' icon in Edit mode. The thing is I want to use Top Sites like a bookmarks page because the UI is quicker to use (imo), but every time I add several sites to it and then restart Safari or browse for a little bit they just disappear or get replaced by some new pages.

I made sure they were 'pinned' so they wouldn't go anywhere, but some of them still go away after I browse for a little while. Anybody know why?

2. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Maybe just visit the sites, that you want to keep on "Top Sites", more often... that should do the trick :)

If I were you though I would just use the bookmarks bar... much sleeker, easier, and you can fit more of them up there than in "Top Sites".

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Probably have to wait for the next release. Report it as a bug too, sounds like it's not operating as expected.

jW

4. GITANAJAVA macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

If I'd pinned anything else into place as often as I've pinned my Top Sites, it would leak like a sieve.

Note to all: if you can't pin your Top Sites, FILE A BUG REPORT. Per Apple's own info, once Top Sites is "fastened" into place, it should operate as a type of visual augmentation to one's Bookmark Bar.

Make Beta better: report the bugs & file your comments with Apple. :D