Safari 5.1 in Lion not honouring new tab order feature

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by AaronMT, Jul 24, 2011.

1. AaronMT macrumors regular

AaronMT

Apparently Safari 5.1 honours a new tab order on new tab by opening to the right of the active tab and not at the end of the tab index. For some reason my Safari in my fresh install of Lion is not honouring this new feature. Has anyone ran into this? Could it be a preference I tweaked in conflict with this?

2. Pinniped macrumors newbie

Having same issue

I am having the same issue on two computers (one Lion, one Snow Leopard) after upgrading to Safari 5.1. Tabs always open at the far right end of the tab bar, regardless of settings. Deleting preferences (com.apple.Safari.plist) and restarting with extensions disabled did not resolve. I suspect the problem is a persistent setting left over from one of the Safari 5.0 extensions I had been using (Glims, Tabs?). Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Peter O.

3. max025 macrumors newbie

OpenAtEnd

Yeah it really gets annoying here as I'm working with Safari and I have to open about 25 tabs at the time and go through all of them. I've browsed over the web and found this little awesome extension that seems to do what it's here for, http://lrasinen.kapsi.fi/OpenAtEnd/ pretty small (6kb), pretty nice and sends tabs to the end like it used to be prior to 5.1.

Maat