Safari 9 is still way slower than Chrome -Really want to use Safari

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by nostresshere, Oct 9, 2015.

1. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I really would like to use Safari. But pages load so slow. I think I have removed all extensions, cleared cache. Running ElCap on MBP 15 - late 2013 with 8gb ram

2. deany macrumors 68030

deany

I love safari and its fast, what DL, UL and ping do you get?
    I get around 45 mb / 15 mb and 35 ms ping, on rMBP 13'' 8 MB RAM

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Safari slow ? I don't think so ....
    other than that, I wouldn't rely on Google for my web browsing....

4. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

I tried Chrome previously but it just burnt through my battery and used too much cpu. I love Safari, and its even smoother now with El Cap.

5. Bbeelzebub macrumors member

Bbeelzebub

I wouldn't touch chrome with a ten foot poll. If you aren't enjoying using Safari, look into Opera. It's not a bad browser at all and because it's built on Chromium, is similar to Chrome and has support for Chrome extensions.

6. cynics macrumors G4

I'd admit chrome is a little bit of a better browser. Much better for translating for me, 4k@60hz YouTube and overall better compatibility (STILL can't remove bluray/dvd from queue on Netflix if there is a toggle). Ironically there also used to be some AirPlay incompatibilities Chrome could work around when mirroring Netflix.

However the speed I find negligible.

7. nostresshere thread starter macrumors 68030

I think some of you are missing the request. I really would LIKE TO USE SAFARI. But, the pages load so slow compared to chrome.

Download? Pretty down good. 20-30 down and 5 up is normal, ping is 47

Again, chrome loads pages way faster. What can I do?

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Must vary between users. I finally switched to Safari about 9 months ago. Think they are similar in how fast they load pages. For me at least.

I don't think there is anything you can do. Seems like you have tried it all.

9. nostresshere thread starter macrumors 68030

Maybe my MBP is just strange. Oh well, maybe I will try safari again someday. Damn.

10. teeejay macrumors regular

Google Chrome Cannary is amazing, but I use that iCloud webpage sharing between Apple devices, that's why I keep using Safari. Otherwise Chrome is much faster.

11. CadenZ15 macrumors member

CadenZ15

Safari is usually comparable to Chrome in speed for me, the difference is pretty much marginal.

I have noticed page loads in Safari taking longer than usual lately, although it could be a Wi-Fi issue.

You might try resetting your Safari by clearing the cache and that sort of thing.