Safari Activity Monitor after installing Mountain Lion

geauxmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
I just upgraded my 2008 iMac to Mountain Lion. I use the Activity Monitor in Safari to download videos off of YouTube, however the activity box doesn't come up now when I press Command+Option+A.  Is anyone else having this issue? Is there an alternative way to access the Activity Monitor?

Nov 28, 2010
located
The Activity window is gone in Safari 6, as far as I know, you can find some threads about this.

For downloading video, you can try ClipGrap or KeepVid or the Firefox VideoDownloadHelper add on.

hippeman

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
I just upgraded my 2008 iMac to Mountain Lion. I use the Activity Monitor in Safari to download videos off of YouTube, however the activity box doesn't come up now when I press Command+Option+A. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there an alternative way to access the Activity Monitor?
After activating the developer-menu in Safari preferences, right-click (control-click) on the YouTube-video and select 'inspect element'. This will select some code in the page resources where you can option-click on. Now another window will pop-up showing just the video. Then option-click the link in the address bar to download the video.. ;)