iPad Safari and Mail CRASH 4-5 times a day!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JoeRito, Jan 3, 2014.

1. JoeRito macrumors 6502

JoeRito

This is unacceptable!!! Ahhhhhhhhg! Sorry needed to vent.... IOS 7 update better fix this or I'm putting up a billboard right by the highway in town!!! (Friend owns one). Perhaps more publicity will move Apple to fix the low memory / crashing.

2. doboy macrumors 68000

I can understand Safari crashing frequently, but Mail too. Maybe you got something else going on. Maybe restore as new. :confused:

3. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

Brand new refurb ipad 4 set up as new. About 8 days old. Yesterday home button freaked out and would not work. Then safari kept turning off and going to home page and search page automatically. Like a possessed ipad.

Somehow got the home button working after pressing it and rotating the ipad horizontally and then back to vertical. Did a hard reset and its working normally as of now. Have opened a case with apple on this. Will be watching it very closely till the 9th when my 14 day exchange window expires. Seriously wtf is up with this nonsense apple? Never had to deal with this before.

4. Robster3 macrumors 68000

If its a refurb its not brand new, you just got someone else's problem return??

5. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

I dont think they just repack a faulty return and resell it to the next sucker. That would be stupid. Theres a full refurbishment process which apparently gets more qc attention than the normal assembly line where units are randomly picked for testing. Anyway my machine is working normally as of now so will have to watch it carefully over the next week.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try clearing its cache and history - my wife was having issues with safari until I did that

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I'd send it back or make an Appt at an apple store. Something ain't right.