Safari "Blue Bar of Wait" and cookies settings

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saiyan, Nov 4, 2014.

1. saiyan macrumors member

Hi all,

I recently traded in my aging iPad 3 and bought an all new iPad Air 2.

I was expecting iPad Air 2 to load web sites dramatically faster than my iPad 3. However, on some web sites Safari would stuck for a few minutes before completely loading web pages.

For example, when I originally tried to load some sites such as TechCrunch and TheVerge, Safari would display the expanding blue bar on the address bar but it would stop after it fill about 1/4 the length of the address bar. Then I would have to wait a few minutes before Safari would complete loading the web page.

At first I thought I have the same WiFi issue the some users have complained about. But after some tweaking, I noticed that if I set Safari to accept cookies from current site, or even accept all cookies, web pages on TechCrunch and TheVerge would load much faster: like within 5 seconds.

And if I change cookies setting to be more restrictive, those web sites would again take a long time to load.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks.

2. xXxDieselxXx macrumors member

So glad I'm not alone. Running iPad Air 2 here.
    I have the same issue. At first it was excellent but as time went by it started to happen more and more.

3. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

I have to reset Safari constantly. After a short period of use pages are slow to load when scrolling. What the hell is up with Apple and ios8? I wonder how the Air 2 would run without such a garbage operating system.