Safari can’t open the page.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by IJ Reilly, Feb 14, 2008.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I have been seeing this message at least once a day trying to access these boards, and the MacRumors news server, for the last few months. Safari times out. These "outages" seem to last a few minutes at a time and then are resolved, until the next time. Is anyone else experiencing this situation?

Attached Files:

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I was experiencing something like this too earlier today. I thought it was just my ISP but maybe not.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

At least I'm not the only one. And for the record, I don't have this problem with any other server, just MacRumors and the forum server.

5. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I had the same issue around 3pm EST today. I could load the main MR site, but the MR Forums all gave the Safari errors. Seemed to last for about 5-8 mins and I haven't seen it since.

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I've been having a lot of problems with Safari since 10.5.2 was released. Not only with reaching this page but with many other pages as well. Sometimes Safari seems to slow down to a crawl and I have to completely restart the program to get decent use out of it. Hopefully the next version arrives soon, I don't want to switch to Firefox.

7. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's not a general Safari issue for me. It only happens here, and it's not a matter of pages loading slowly. When the problem arises, the pages don't load at all. As others have reported, the problem is usually resolved in a few minutes, but during that time, the servers are completely inaccessible.

8. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Update: For me at least, this problem grows steadily worse. When I started this thread, it occurred maybe one or twice a day. I'd say it's closer to five or six times a day now. The "outages" last anywhere from 15 seconds to several minutes, during which time the pages load partially or not at all.

If I'm the only one, maybe I should take this as cosmic advice to spend less time on these forums...

9. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I have problems with this site as well, and for that matter, Apple's site.