Safari doesn't quite expand to the bottom of the screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zwhaler, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Have any of you noticed that if you try to strech Safari to the bottom of the screen, it cuts off a few pixels before the bottom? I find this very annoying because with a orange (or any other color) desktop background, the tiny strip of color really stands out if I am viewing a black or white Safari webpage, or any other color for that matter. Why can't it just go to the bottom? It does on Firefox, but I would rather use Safari. Any insight on this?

2. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

No color strip for me...
    Is your dock hidden/on the sides?

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I have noticed this before, it probably has something to do with the Dock. I don't know how you can get it to go all to way to the bottom.

4. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'm not saying that there is a color strip, I am just saying that the Safari page does not quite go down entirely to the bottom of the screen. And my dock is hidden on the bottom, btw.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Even with the Dock hidden there's a little strip of pixels down there. I have no clue why though.

6. gameguy3001 macrumors member

For whatever reason, Safari "sees" the 1 or 2 pixel high bar at the bottom of the screen that makes the dock appear when you mouse is on it. So it won't let you resize it beyond that point.

The same thing does happen with iPhoto as well. Its just the way Apple made the programs.

7. zsilentdeath macrumors newbie

sry, hate to bring up old threads, but I just bought the new Macbook and I didn't have this problem before, but once i reformatted I was unable to expand both Safari and Firefox to the bottom of the screen. that tiny bar gets in the way even with the dock hidden. any ideas why it was working fine until i reformatted?