Safari Download no more seperate window

Tech198

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
Where did the seperate download window go in Safari.?

I always opened this all the time (i usually prefer since download progress bar on the icon/dock, but since Safari doesn't have this, the separate windows was a good way to keep posted of progrsss, so go back to browser in all cases..)

eg... I use Mission control, and prefer using Firefox as i can be on any screen and dock icon shows download progress. i can just glace.

Now, its seems Apple s abandoned the download window as well... Since Google drive works best in Safari instead of Firefox it seems, as it tends to sip downloads, is there a better way than just returning to the browser just to check of Safari active downloading progress?

That may be good suggestion to add dock icon to same as Firefox progress as well, but is there anyway i can use extension to add?

MacGizmo

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Separate windows (and drawers, remember those?!!) have been disappearing for a while becuase Ive hated the clutter. You can still click the downloads button in the Safari toolbar (or hit Command+Option+L) to see the progress of downloads, but it hides again when you click anywhere else. Oddly enough, Mail still has a separate progress window available.

Reactions: martyjmclean

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Where did the seperate download window go in Safari.?

I always opened this all the time (i usually prefer since download progress bar on the icon/dock, but since Safari doesn't have this, the separate windows was a good way to keep posted of progrsss, so go back to browser in all cases..)

eg... I use Mission control, and prefer using Firefox as i can be on any screen and dock icon shows download progress. i can just glace.

Now, its seems Apple s abandoned the download window as well... Since Google drive works best in Safari instead of Firefox it seems, as it tends to sip downloads, is there a better way than just returning to the browser just to check of Safari active downloading progress?

That may be good suggestion to add dock icon to same as Firefox progress as well, but is there anyway i can use extension to add?
One of the most useful features of Microsoft „Word“and other text writing software is the automatic correction of mistakes. You can select any text you wrote in any language and it will mark in color all wrongly written words accordingly to the language you selected. Only with names of people and places or other special words unknown to the software, it will mark them in color although they were intended to be written so.
Using it would have avoided that you open a thread with „seperate“in the title instead of „separate“.
In a time in which mails and textos are truly destroying languages, such features as the automatic correction „Word“ and similar writing software offer, are more needed than ever before, when in past years all messages were hand written or at least machine typed on paper, never without a full polite introduction and a similar polite end.
Now we have become too lazy...unfortunately.:oops: