Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hanguolaohu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Is there a Safari Extension available similar to Firefox' NewTabURL?:

NewTabURL

The specific functionality I'm looking for is when opening a new tab if there's a URL on the clipboard, then the new tab will automatically direct towards that URL. A huge time saver!

Thanks!
HL

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is there a Safari Extension available similar to Firefox' NewTabURL?:

NewTabURL

The specific functionality I'm looking for is when opening a new tab if there's a URL on the clipboard, then the new tab will automatically direct towards that URL. A huge time saver!
I'm curious to know how this is a benefit. How, exactly, would the URL get on the clipboard in the first place?

hanguolaohu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
If there's a URL on a website that you want to open that is not a hyperlink, then you have to copy it, open new tab, select the address field, then paste the URL, then hit "enter". The Firefox NewTabURL allows you to save 2 movements from 5. A time saver.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If there's a URL on a website that you want to open that is not a hyperlink, then you have to copy it, open new tab, select the address field, then paste the URL, then hit "enter". The Firefox NewTabURL allows you to save 2 movements from 5. A time saver.
Why not just highlight the URL, right-click and open it in a new tab?
ScreenCap 3.PNG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.