Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Hi all,

Just got a new iPhone 12 to replace my 8 Plus. Restored from iCloud backup. Everything went well. No issues. However, now I'm noticing that the Safari Frequently Visited Sites list from my 8 Plus is gone and will not populate. I've repeatedly visited certain sites to test it and the list simply does not populate on my iPhone 12. It was working fine before. I disabled the setting, power cycled then re-enabled it but it still isn't working. All I could find online were tips on how to get it working on Safari for MacOS. Anyone know how to fix it on iOS?

Thanks,
mario64

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I have this issue on my X. Sometimes they show up, then they all disappear. Or I'll get one, next day I'll get four. Now, I only have one whereas earlier in the day, there were none. This doesn't happen on the desktop Safari.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Hi all,

Just got a new iPhone 12 to replace my 8 Plus. Restored from iCloud backup. Everything went well. No issues. However, now I'm noticing that the Safari Frequently Visited Sites list from my 8 Plus is gone and will not populate. I've repeatedly visited certain sites to test it and the list simply does not populate on my iPhone 12. It was working fine before. I disabled the setting, power cycled then re-enabled it but it still isn't working. All I could find online were tips on how to get it working on Safari for MacOS. Anyone know how to fix it on iOS?

Thanks,
mario64
Between a new device and/or a new iOS it’s always taken my recents about a week or so to repopulate. I think my iPad Pro has just gotten everything back after 14.1 was released.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I have the same problem since iOS 14. Frequently visited sites don't show up anymore, not even after two weeks. On my iPad I see none, on my iPhone I see a few occasionally.

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Ok this is bizarre. Today one site appeared on my list but it is not a site I regularly visit. Sites I visit multiple times per day still don’t show. Ugh...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.