iPad Safari: Google drive + google doc on iPadOS? (Ios 13)

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by TinaBelcher, Jun 3, 2019.

1. TinaBelcher macrumors 6502a

Anyone who has installed the beta, that can tell me if google drive actually works on safari? On iOS it’s not clickable because it used some type of code/flash or whatever you wanna call it, so I cannot open anything. Is ipadOS going to make it work like on a Mac, so I don’t need to use the poorly google doc app anymore?

2. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

It's hard to tell what you mean by actually works since I've never used Google Drive before but I was just able to log in to the web ui on Safari on iPhone and upload an arbitrary file. I did have to load the desktop version of the site, otherwise Google push the app.

3. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

What I mean, by my experience when using google drive on desktop version is that it shows it as it should, but when I try click on add new document it won’t respond. It’s as if I was clicking on an image without a link code to take me on to the next page or window. Therefor, all I can do is viewing the drive but not access or work in a google doc on safari

4. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

If I'm understanding you correctly then it seems to work fine here. When I click New I get a menu and can upload a file from the Camera or Files app there just fine. BTW it works on iPad without even specifically loading the Desktop site. One caveat I see is that Folder Upload won't work since I don't think the Files document picker really has that concept. Otherwise it seems to work fine.

5. alex00100 macrumors 6502

It used to work almost perfect already on 12, it’s absolutely perfect now, except of course there’s no right mouse button support.

6. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

But what about creating and opening a documen and folder? That’s what I want to know. It doesn’t work for me. When I click on a folder it won’t open, when I click on a doc I can’t write in it.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 4, 2019 ---
    When you try to click on a folder does it open it? Nothing happens when I do. And the same goes for making a new doc, I don’t get access to actually edit it.

7. alex00100 macrumors 6502

8. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

Did some more testing. Was able to create folders, create and edit documents with no issues.