Safari keeps on freezing on this phone, why is it just me?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by freepomme, Aug 1, 2017.

1. freepomme macrumors 6502a

I'm going to be very specific about this. In iOS, Safari actually freezes, the entire app freezes whenever I use the Speak function, which is the text to speech function. And it even freezes while I'm trying to use the clipboard to select paragraphs of texts.

I know Apple could actually fix this, but they haven't done it because they don't know about it. But I know they could fix small stuff like this, and the reason why I know that, is because I noticed how they recently made it impossible for anyone to take a screenshot from any video inside the newly replaced video app called TV.

You used to be able to get around that restriction by taking a screenshot once you were in the app switcher mode. But they fixed that.

And if they can fix that, they should be able to fix this.

I have been afflicted by this Safari freezing bug for a long time. And it's annoying because when it freezes, you have to close the whole app. Sometimes it even happens twice in a row. And I don't understand it.

I'm not sure why this keeps happening on a daily basis. I almost thought it was because of the 3D touch feature, which I then turned off. But no.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

If you've eliminated conflicts with any add-on type stuff (such as keyboards) then it could be that some iOS system file is corrupt on your device...and Apple doesn't "fix" those.

Such corruption happens and since we can't access system files on non-jailbroken devices the usual solution is to restore the device "as new" and not from a backup. Depending on what you've got on your device this could take you a lot of time and planning.

A very recent example for me was FaceTime calls on an iPad not ringing (sound) when coming in. No combination of any of the associated settings could get it working. Moving to a new iPad (coincidentally) and restoring from backup (to an upgraded iOS version) transferred the issue. Restoring as "new", the sound on incoming FaceTime calls functioned properly.