Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraydoc

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
On my iP6+, the network activity spinner in the top left corner of the status bar continues to spin in Safari despite the fact that the page - and any/all background pages - are fully loaded.

Even if I close all pages/tabs and I'm looking at a page of just bookmarks, the spinner will continue to turn.

I can sometimes get it to stop by closing Safari from the multitasking screen or by restating the phone, but eventually it will start spinning persistently again at some point during normal usage.

Occurs on wifi or cell data (on known good connections). iOS 8.0.1. GSM (AT&T) 128GB space gray iP6+ model. No other connectivity issues. Using the SIM included with the phone on a fully provisioned AT&T account.

Any thoughts? Anyone else see this? Just a bug or an indicator of a more significant problem?

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2011
On my iP6+, the network activity spinner in the top left corner of the status bar continues to spin in Safari despite the fact that the page - and any/all background pages - are fully loaded.

Even if I close all pages/tabs and I'm looking at a page of just bookmarks, the spinner will continue to turn.

I can sometimes get it to stop by closing Safari from the multitasking screen or by restating the phone, but eventually it will start spinning persistently again at some point during normal usage.

Occurs on wifi or cell data (on known good connections). iOS 8.0.1. GSM (AT&T) 128GB space gray iP6+ model. No other connectivity issues. Using the SIM included with the phone on a fully provisioned AT&T account.

Any thoughts? Anyone else see this? Just a bug or an indicator of a more significant problem?

Its a known bug. Its present even on 8.1 beta. Live with it til a fix is in place. Will update u

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.