Safari on Windows 10

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by stanleyRoper, Sep 13, 2017.

1. stanleyRoper macrumors member

I'm confused about this - if Safari hasn't been on Windows since 2012, why does https://www.apple.com/safari/ make references to "Safari on Windows 10" in the benchmarking section. It seems odd to compare a benchmark for a product that doesn't exist.

(I put this in the High Sierra forum because it was the a link on the High Sierra page on Apple.com that brought me to the Safari page)

2. TheColtr macrumors 6502

Oh that’s super interesting, I hope it’s true and Apple is making a new version of safari for windows. Having a gaming rig that runs windows it would be awesome to have iCloud tabs and bookmarks synced across my desktop, MacBook, iPad, and iPhone.

3. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

That is an interesting find, although the text at the bottom strangely makes no mention of Safari testing done on Windows.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Yeah, it's just a weird typo. Notice it says "safari on macOS" under it, not Windows. I'd say that they just copied and pasted that section again or something, except it's 4.2x instead of 4.3x. Really strange.

5. anyjungleinguy macrumors 6502

It’s as it says. It’s beating browsers on Windows 10 running in Boot Camp - i.e on the same machine Safari on macOS out performs other browsers in macOS and on Windows, via Boot Camp, those browsers are also slower on Windows 10 than what Safari is under macOS.

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I get it now. Most confusing chart ever.

7. anyjungleinguy macrumors 6502

Yeah, they could definitely word it better.

Oh well, we can stil dream about a Windows 10 version with iCloud syncing for tabs, history, and Keychain.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It did say Windows; Apple has updated the page since this thread was posted.