Resolved Safari Popup on launch that I can't get rid of

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tkilgour, Mar 23, 2012.

1. tkilgour, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012

tkilgour macrumors newbie

Every time I launch Safari I get a popup that says:

"Safari 5.1.4 (v7534.54.16) has not been tested with the plugin LastPass 1.68.4 (v1.68.4). As a precaution, it has not been loaded. Please contact the plugin developer for further information."

I used to have LastPass installed as an extension but I have now deleted it... but this still pops up every. single. time. I have looked everywhere in Safari and throughout my computer for any files relating to LastPass. I've also re-installed LastPass and then deleted it again...

Safari runs fine, but it's super annoying to have this dialog all the time. I wish I could delete and re-install Safari but I'm on Lion so it won't let me delete it.

Help!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you looked in Safari > Help > Installed Plug-ins?

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

3. tkilgour thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have looked in "Installed Plug-ins" and there is nothing to do with LastPass in there.

I am not able to delete Safari because it is a system application in Lion. When I try to delete it says: "“Safari” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by Mac OS X." Even if there is a way to delete it, I have read elsewhere that it may cause problems.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, don't use those instructions to delete Safari. Use them to find and delete LastPass.

5. tkilgour thread starter macrumors newbie

I've already gone through that. There is no trace of anything related to LastPass.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Complete steps 1-7, then take a screen shot of the Finder window and post it.

7. tkilgour thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked! Thank you!

The culprit was a file called "LastPass.bundle" in Library > Application Support > SIMBL > Plugins.